• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berk Collection Auction Wins
5 5

411 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

I'm astounded. That was a four figure book? Is it still? Baker is amazing, sure, but that is quite the run-up! :S

A truly high grade copy might go for five figures...and some magic beans.

On 6/15/2017 at 8:59 PM, G.A.tor said:
On 6/15/2017 at 8:55 PM, jcb193 said:

Someone else wanted the book more than me. Did they want it $100 more than me, or $5000 more than me?  We'll never know.  Maybe it will turn up again someday, but I doubt it.  I gave it my best effort.  So...anyway....there's a story and picture of a book I didn't win.

sta15.99a.jpg

Great story...in this case you can know that the winner would have paid a lot more ...maybe that will make you feel better 

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:
5 hours ago, Timely said:

I do know. The winner of this auction was willing to go much higher than it went for. You weren't even close.

You are a little late to the party lol

Now, now, Rick........we all can't be as fast on our feet as you.  :eyeroll:

Anyways, if Jon had had the Church copy of its Centaur "sister" book, namely Funny Picture Stories 7 which is supposedly also rare and in NM condition according to Chuck, would it have also have gone in the same monetarily impressive :banana: fiscally irresponsible  lol  ballpark as the Star Comics 3?  ???

Or is the Star Comics 3 really an one-off and a truly unique book in the eyes of these collectors?  hm

Edited by lou_fine

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Now, now, Rick........we all can't be as fast on our feet as you.  :eyeroll:

Anyways, if Jon had had the Church copy of its Centaur "sister" book, namely Funny Picture Stories 7 which is supposedly also rare and in NM condition according to Chuck, would it have also have gone in the same monetarily impressive :banana: fiscally irresponsible  lol  ballpark as the Star Comics 3?  ???

Or is the Star Comics 3 really an one-off and a truly unique book in the eyes of these collectors?  hm

I won the fps 7 for a song. I believe the star 3 is unique in that the underbidder wanted it specifically and it happens to be the winner/owners favorite centaur (I have the 6.5 copy of star 3)

41 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Do magic beans lead to magic f arts?hm

The magical fruit.

30 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I won the fps 7 for a song. I believe the star 3 is unique in that the underbidder wanted it specifically and it happens to be the winner/owners favorite centaur (I have the 6.5 copy of star 3)

You most definitely did on the FPS 7, although I guess the Moderate Restoration rating probably made a few collectors gun shy on the book.  (shrug)

As for Star 3, I prefer that cover much better than I do as compared to the cover image on the one for FPS 7.  Now, that must be quite a nice CGC 6.5 graded copy that you have there.  Guess I'll have to wait until you get there since you are still back on the "L's" right now.  :taptaptap:

14 hours ago, Timely said:

I do know. The winner of this auction was willing to go much higher than it went for. You weren't even close.

I think I preferred the way Gator phrased this news to me, but I can take it :)

Thank you for the further verification.  I was outgunned big time!

10 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

The magical fruit.

Tootin' good :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

..... and as Granny used to say, "better to burp and taste it than to fart and waste it...."

On 6/23/2017 at 1:06 PM, MrBedrock said:
On 6/23/2017 at 0:39 PM, PopKulture said:

I'm astounded. That was a four figure book? Is it still? Baker is amazing, sure, but that is quite the run-up! :S

A truly high grade copy might go for five figures...and some magic beans.

I think it would easily do so, which would (I think) make it the first romance book to reach five figures.