• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Taking Submissions for Star Trek Official Convention Las Vegas - Shatner, Stewart, Spiner etc.

11 posts in this topic

Star Trek Official Convention Las Vegas - Shatner, Stewart, Spiner etc.

STAR TREK OFFICIAL CONVENTION - LAS VEGAS

Saturday and Sunday, August 5th & 6th

5941827813446_StarTrekVegas2017Header.thumb.jpg.e930768c7bb4b7b0577857921562ade6.jpg

Set your phasers to stun, grab on to your seats and hitch a ride on the Enterprise …

We will be obtaining signatures of cast members for the various Star Trek series at the Star Trek Las Vegas convention. We are currently considering comics and magazines only.

Items for the convention need to be in-hand no later than August 1.

We are able to be there Saturday and Sunday only, so please check actor availability before sending any books.

FEATURED GUESTS INCLUDE:

594183942530f_WilliamShatner.jpg.46bcc293c067340e3115a0e0515afe63.jpg

594183a4605ba_SirPatrickStewart.jpg.8ea7c8c3eb61c043900d185f1b142679.jpg

594183d801eda_KateMulgrew.jpg.b458c92aeb1b594d96d5837dbdc66f71.jpg

594183f39dcf5_GeorgeTakei.jpg.60c8ee63da4d12a04efc1ea5561fe6b7.jpg

59418424ca4a2_BrentSpiner.jpg.b737cb91b466428ad867ba27b881933b.jpg594186a7c5aae_JohnathonFrakes.jpg.b82cc7e35879154e36693705fef6fa22.jpg

There is an enormous number of celebrities attending, so please use the links below for additional information. 

Website home page

The fees celebrities are planning to charge for signatures – excluding CGC and witness fees - can be found near the bottom of this page in the drop down box next to “Tickets” here.

Witness Fees: 

The first celebrity signature witness fee is $25. The witness fee for the same celebrity on a customer’s subsequent item is $20 per signature. This excludes the celebrity autograph charge.

Please note that the cost of celebrity signatures at the time of signing may vary from the published rate. Such changes would be subject to additional costs or partial refunds, based on the difference.

Prep Fees:  

Cracking slabs:  $5 each, and includes including window bagging.

Window bag prep:  Raw books not prepared for signatures will be window bagged by us for $5.

CGC SUBMISSIONS 

Your Account: 

Items submitted to CGC on your account will incur no additional submission fees unless the form you provide is not complete - which will incur an additional $10 fee payable to us. Otherwise, you will be invoiced by CGC and the books will be returned directly to you.

Our Account: 

Grading costs will be charged to you according to CGC tier.

Multiple signatures after the first 3 (new) signatures is $5 per additional signature per book.

Invoice fee of $8 per each submission form.

For Fast Track grading, add $10 per book.

For domestic destinations, return shipping by CGC is $13 for the first book and $3 for each additional book, per each submission form. Alternate forms of shipping are available at additional cost. International shipping will be handled on a case by case basis.

PAYMENT

Preferred payment is Money Order or personal check.  PayPal will be accepted but is not desired, so add 5% if you pay this way. NO Friends and Family payments.

Payment is to be made in advance.

Edited by Hank Pym

4 hours ago, Coleslaw03 said:

Even though it is the Star Trek convention, do you know if Patrick Stewart would sign X-Men related items? 

Good question and working on it.  I'll post the answer when we have it.

13 hours ago, Coleslaw03 said:

Even though it is the Star Trek convention, do you know if Patrick Stewart would sign X-Men related items? 

Same question for Greg Grunberg: Will he sign Star Wars related items?

Obscure question: I'm trying to find out if Shari Nims will only be there on Wednesday. It's unclear on the site compared to the other guest descriptions, and I've already emailed CreationEnt. But if you have an inside info line, I'd love to know... :)

J2

13 hours ago, J2 said:

Obscure question: I'm trying to find out if Shari Nims will only be there on Wednesday. It's unclear on the site compared to the other guest descriptions, and I've already emailed CreationEnt. But if you have an inside info line, I'd love to know... :)

J2

That is my issue most of the guests I want to get to sign something are there Wednesday or Thursday.

We will only be at the convention in Saturday and Sunday.  Check the website to see if the actor you are interested in getting a signature from is available either of those days.

Regarding the signing of only Star Trek related items:  It is up to the individuals to sign what they want (per Creation Entertainment). Right now only Ron Perlman has indicated specific photographs only.  So, no Hellboys or SoA, etc.

Information on actor signing schedules is always subject to change. I  will try to keep schedule changes I know of updated as best I can, but those who want a signature(s) should visit the website periodically to check the availability of the person(s) they interested in getting autographs from.

Some of the actors have no published autograph rate. However, many have photo op rates. For now, I will go with the photo op rates.  Those that have done this before know how it works.  We make up the difference if the charges are less, and vice-versa if we have not received enough to over the cost.

If you want an autograph, we will buy the ticket, but we need to know quickly.  Some may sell out, so be quick!  All autograph tickets are surcharged $7.75 by the ticketing agency.  We have no control over this, so be prepared to add this amount ($7.75) to each autograph ticket we purchase on your behalf.

ACTOR SIGNING SCHEDULE CHANGES:

I will update as best I can here.

Stephanie Beachum will be present on Friday according to her FB page.  Not that we will be able to get her signature, but some of you may want to know this. (6/19/17, thanks reddwarf666222)

Shari Nims was listed for a panel only on Wednesday.  She will be present throughout the convention according to creation Ent. (6/19/17, thanks J2)

David Warner is no longer appearing due to other commitments. (6/14/2017, website)

Samantha Eggar is no longer appearing due to other commitments. (6/29/2017, website)

Sir Patrick Stewart "will not be signing drawings of himself or his characters, or wedding, birthday or greeting cards. He is happy to sign photos of his many characters including, of course, Capt. Picard and Professor X."  This was clarified on 7/2/2017 that X-Men and Star Trek comic books are acceptable. (7/2/2017, J2)  Further clarification on 7/11/2017 by Creation Entertainment - Patrick Stewart will not sign comics, magazines, etc. - no art of any kind.  Apparently he will only sign photographs.  If you want Patrick Stewart on a comic, it will have to be elsewhere. (7/12/17). 

Edited by Hank Pym
Guest appearance updates

Update:

All books that have signatures are submitted to CGC.  For those folks where we were unable to get signatures, refunds go out today along with any books not submitted to CGC.  All returned books that were originally slabbed and were not signed remain slabbed ... in case anyone is wondering.  Thanks to everyone who got in.  It's very much appreciated!

I'll post again when grading is complete.