• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

76 "AMAZING" SPIDER-MAN ART PICS AT NYC MUSEUM SHOW!
1 1

27 posts in this topic

"Jack was telling me that someday I'll see comic book art on museum walls.  I'm laughing, saying, "Aah, it'll never happen..."

John Romita

* The Jack mentioned by John was Jack Kirby.

From the 2006-2007 interview, conducted by Jim Amash, on page 81 of:

Alter Ego Presents John Romita...And All That Jazz

by Roy Thomas and Jim Amash

TwoMorrows Publishing, 2007

Have any of the New York magazines or papers done any type of coverage or review of the exhibit? Is it listed in New York Magazine or the weekend section? Thanks and I am hoping to get there to see the exhibit soon.

On 7/8/2017 at 2:42 PM, The Shoveler said:

"Jack was telling me that someday I'll see comic book art on museum walls.  I'm laughing, saying, "Aah, it'll never happen..."

John Romita

* The Jack mentioned by John was Jack Kirby.

From the 2006-2007 interview, conducted by Jim Amash, on page 81 of:

Alter Ego Presents John Romita...And All That Jazz

by Roy Thomas and Jim Amash

TwoMorrows Publishing, 2007

I had been wanting to ask him that question for YEARS and I'm glad that A.) It's a true story, and B.) I was lucky enough to check asking him off my bucket list.  I never got to meet Buscema or Kirby.  Here is John's reply in his own historic words:

18 hours ago, 1Toy2Many said:

I had been wanting to ask him that question for YEARS and I'm glad that A.) It's a true story, and B.) I was lucky enough to check asking him off my bucket list.  I never got to meet Buscema or Kirby.  Here is John's reply in his own historic words:

That video is real nice. Thanks for posting it!