• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

76 "AMAZING" SPIDER-MAN ART PICS AT NYC MUSEUM SHOW!
1 1

27 posts in this topic

Mike

Great to see the art in person and still great to see the art in your photos.  Once the place was packed, it was tough to take clean shots of the art.

Once again, I recommend people stop by if you are in NYC and buy a catalog since the proceeds benefit the society of illustrators.

Cheers!

N.

p.s. - So Mike, was that Pee Wee Herman that I spoke to at the show?  Lol.

That looks incredible, Mike! How long will all those be on display? We're heading into the city in August. 

On a totally unrelated matter, do you happen to know the alarm code to that place? :grin:

Seriously, can't wait to see some of the pages I've asked you about...in person. Just going to make me want them more! I'm guessing my wife might NOT want us to visit!! lol 

Everybody should run (don't walk) to this exhibition . I visited it on tuesday and the place and exhibition are fabulous . Not only was I overwhelmed with the presence of great Romita, Gil Kane ,Ross Andru ,Steve Ditko art but the museum also is exhibiting the Korhsak Collection of Fantasy Illustration which features art by notable illustrators including Virgel Finlay ,Frazetta and Krenkel and others. The top floor has a terrific cafe and exhibition space where I enjoyed  an over stuffed sandwich  while staring directly at a great 4 page sequence of Ditko large art. (That sequence where he lifts that machinery from his shoulders ,I forgot which issue that was from) . The Society of Illustrators is in the East 60's on the upper East side of Manhattan.

Here is the contact info; https://www.societyillustrators.org