• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MegaCon Tampa Bay - Sept. 29-30, Oct. 1, 2017

45 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, JcomicJ said:

At the Florida conventioncenter they've never done on site for comic con I'd be surprised if they did for megacon.

I thought they did for other Tampa shows where they drive the books back to the office etc

19 minutes ago, Kevin Boyd said:

With Sarasota so close, they could offer return Sunday... but that's up to them....

Any idea how cgc will handle sigs with stan lee and other artists after he signs? I doubt they will wait in line with you then follow us to get others.

4 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

The Immortal Iron Fist has work that needs doing, so Mike Perkins sends along his apologies to MCTB as deadlines beckon.

one more comics guest announcement coming!

draft schedule is up!

Please be barry kitson ?

10 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

That's more of a question for CGC, but generally don't they hold the books in an open invoice at the booth then go with you to the next creator and charge an extra $5 to do this?

That's only if you can't make it there, normally they follow you and just witness.  Though stan lee will have a huge line hopefully Sunday will be more pleasant 

16 hours ago, JiveTurkeyMoFo said:

No reports on the show?

I went last night, thanks to the kindness of fellow boardie The Shoveler- who had a ticket he couldn't use.   It wasn't too crowded (I suspect today will be though).   The comic book vendors were not numerous, but better than last year's selection.  Oddly, there were not many local vendors there (at least from a comic book standpoint).   Bought some stuff from Mario, and few others.   Key CGC books still seemed to be moving well,  I did overhear one vendor talk about how hard it was for him to keep inventory on wall books from show to show.   Overall it was good,  filled some collecting holes.  I may try to get back over there tomorrow.  Thanks again to Shoveler for his good mojo. 

On 9/30/2017 at 11:36 AM, Mercury Man said:

I went last night, thanks to the kindness of fellow boardie The Shoveler- who had a ticket he couldn't use.   It wasn't too crowded (I suspect today will be though).   The comic book vendors were not numerous, but better than last year's selection.  Oddly, there were not many local vendors there (at least from a comic book standpoint).   Bought some stuff from Mario, and few others.   Key CGC books still seemed to be moving well,  I did overhear one vendor talk about how hard it was for him to keep inventory on wall books from show to show.   Overall it was good,  filled some collecting holes.  I may try to get back over there tomorrow.  Thanks again to Shoveler for his good mojo. 

You're welcome, Mercury Man.  And thank you for the very kind words!  I'm glad the tix went to a true fan.