• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MegaCon Tampa Bay - Sept. 29-30, Oct. 1, 2017

45 posts in this topic

I went on Weds. A lot of non-comic/non-collector oriented booths there like Sprint and Gieco taking up large amounts of space. Also based on the floor plan and the emails I received one week before the show it looks like they didn't sell about 15-20% of their booths. 

Edited by Pike's Comics

57 minutes ago, Pike's Comics said:

I went on Weds. A lot of non-comic/non-collector oriented booths there like Sprint and Gieco taking up large amounts of space. Also based on the floor plan and the emails I received one week before the show it looks like they didn't sell about 15-20% of their booths. 

Disappointed you weren't set up this year, but I get it.  As I said, not many local Tampa vendors were there at all.  Curious to see how Tampa Comic Con vs. Tampa MegaCon will play out.  I don't think 2 large shows like this, especially so close to each other is a good thing. 

Just now, Mercury Man said:

Disappointed you weren't set up this year, but I get it.  As I said, not many local Tampa vendors were there at all.  Curious to see how Tampa Comic Con vs. Tampa MegaCon will play out.  I don't think 2 large shows like this, especially so close to each other is a good thing. 

I won't set up at any shows owned by this company due to the way they treat their vendors and my past experiences.  If I hear in the future they have changed the way they do business I will reconsider but until then...

With Hurricane Irma recovery underway across the state we didn't know what to expect, but walk in traffic was pretty steady and attendance was stronger this year than last. 

Comic guests had a great time and the fans were really positive and friendly. 

Stan Lee and Kevin Smith raised over $30,000 for Florida food banks.