• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edge of Venomverse

13 posts in this topic

Edge of Venomverse

I have seen this comic being advertised (Pre-sale) for a while now and there seems to be some interest in it. It is due to be released in a little over a weeks time (28 June).

I am probably a little bias as I am a symbiote fan in general but some of the variant covers (Pretty much all of them) have been awesome. Mattina has done a majority of them but other artists have jumped on board as well.

My favorite so far has been Mattinas 1:50

edge-of-venomverse-mattina-promo-235859.jpg

With the new Venom movie being announced not to long ago, I think this series will be fairly hot. I know there has been a lot of Venom covers of late and some are over them but as a Venom and Symbiote fan, I can't get enough of them. The price of the first Venom appearance (ASM #300) have jumped up substantially in the last year or so. I am looking forward to the rest of this series and the variants that go alone with it.

Are a lot of badass variants for this, but most are now too pricey for my blood.  I have this series on lock for the full run from DCBS already as well.  I'm putting together 3 sets of just cover A.  One to read carefully, and two to keep for as long as I like.  I am ordering more of #5 just because it is the last issue, and that there might be some nice"reveal/1st appearance?" that could happen.  Just my 2c

I don't know......Marvel seems that they can't decide what they want to do with Venom. First he's a villain, then anti-hero, or was that anti-villain, then now he's back with Brock..... just makeup your mind already  :baiting:

3 hours ago, Chipewah said:

With the new Venom movie being announced not to long ago, I think this series will be fairly hot. I know there has been a lot of Venom covers of late and some are over them but as a Venom and Symbiote fan, I can't get enough of them. The price of the first Venom appearance (ASM #300) have jumped up substantially in the last year or so. I am looking forward to the rest of this series and the variants that go alone with it.

ASM 300 became hot when Sony announced Spider-man 3.... then it hit theatres and then we all know what happened. The movie was a total disaster. ASM 300 dropped like Trump's top aides . Hey I'm not complaining, that's how I got my copy. 

If the movies good, ASM 300 will continue to rise, if the movie is good....

There's a pretty big difference between the last minute addition of Venom and itsobvious miscasting in Raimi's Spider-Man 3, and an entire universe of movies based on Venom (which is what's being planned now).  Also, ASM 300 was already trending up prior to the movie announcement.  But the movie announcement definitely triggered a spike.  

-J.

On 6/17/2017 at 11:44 AM, Jaydogrules said:

There's a pretty big difference between the last minute addition of Venom and itsobvious miscasting in Raimi's Spider-Man 3, and an entire universe of movies based on Venom (which is what's being planned now).  Also, ASM 300 was already trending up prior to the movie announcement.  But the movie announcement definitely triggered a spike.  

-J.

I can remember ASM #300 being sold for as low as $300 only a few years ago. About 10x that now.

9 hours ago, Chipewah said:

I can remember ASM #300 being sold for as low as $300 only a few years ago. About 10x that now.

Were those raw copies?   (shrug) According to GPA, the average price of 72 sales for a 9.8 in 2014 was $962, with one low of $650 and a high of $1605.

-J.

40 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Were those raw copies?   (shrug) According to GPA, the average price of 72 sales for a 9.8 in 2014 was $962, with one low of $650 and a high of $1605.

-J.

I don't think there has been a 9.8 newsstand that sniffed $3,000. I guess if you factor in Austrian currency conversion it's $2,280 which is close.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

I don't think there has been a 9.8 newsstand that sniffed $3,000. I guess if you factor in Austrian currency conversion it's $2,280 which is close.

The highest price paid for a 9.8 copy (no difference between direct and UPC) is multiple sales for $2500 going back about a month now.  

-J.

Depending on when I am purchasing, the Australian $ can be worth anywhere as low as 68 cents to the US $ or as high as on par but that was a long time ago and didn't last long.

At the moment, the Australian $ is getting about 72 cents to the US $.