• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What cover/splash should I recreate?
1 1

38 posts in this topic

What cover or splash should I recreate?

I feel like recreating a Golden Age comic cover/splash in my own style. I am looking for suggestions. I like horror and sci fi but I am open to most anything!

I will be doing it in a realistic style, while staying true to the original. I will be doing it in charcoal.

Whosever suggestion I choose gets to keep the original finished piece!

Here are some things have I have done in the past. 

Thanks!

IMG_4095.JPG

mer.jpg

Untitled.png

spar.jpg

Edited by atomic1950s

If you are dead set on recreating a cover and based on you beautiful color pieces, I would say Marvel Comics 1 but I am actually going to suggest don't do a cover, do an interior splash from a Timely, maybe even a two page splash. There are several other hat have been posted in the past that are beyond incredible. 

8 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

If you are dead set on recreating a cover and based on you beautiful color pieces, I would say Marvel Comics 1 but I am actually going to suggest don't do a cover, do an interior splash from a Timely, maybe even a two page splash. There are several other hat have been posted in the past that are beyond incredible. 

Thanks and good point about doing a splash, I will edit my original post. Got any specific splashes in mind?

Edited by atomic1950s