• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What cover/splash should I recreate?
1 1

38 posts in this topic

I recommend Capt America #9 splash (1941) that has interesting elements like both Capt America and Bucky, dagger through a Last Will and Testament, left side has a devilish figure, upper right hand corner has a hooded menace all by Simon and Kirby:

fO6oInH.jpg

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

On 6/18/2017 at 9:42 PM, atomic1950s said:

Also please post pictures of suggestions, especially if its a splash that why I can judge faster if its something I want to do. 

Great art and talent.

While I usually lean towards Fine, Schommie, Cole, and other great artists, how about kicking back a bit further to Alex Raymond.   I don't have a copy of this vintage movie poster but is one of my favorite movies 

alex+raymond+Captain+Blood+movie+poster.

Alex+raymond+captain+blood.jpg

Edited by telerites

On 6/19/2017 at 1:52 AM, Foley said:

Brick Bradford 6

788241.jpg

Ok everyone it is Friday and I thought this over hard, but this cover is just too cool to not draw. Giant robot, a hero, and a damsel in distress. I will post the finished creation in a couple weeks and like I promised Foley gets the original finished piece sent to him! ^^

Thanks everyone.

7 hours ago, atomic1950s said:

Ok everyone it is Friday and I thought this over hard, but this cover is just too cool to not draw. Giant robot, a hero, and a damsel in distress. I will post the finished creation in a couple weeks and like I promised Foley gets the original finished piece sent to him! ^^

Thanks everyone.

Wow! Thank you so much! I'm beyond delighted, what incredible news to wake up to :foryou:

There were so many good suggestions posted, thanks to everyone who participated. You all exposed me to some new stuff and expanded my interests.

I can't wait to see the finished piece, you're truly a talented artist @atomic1950s