• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HEROES CON 2018 June 15th-17th
2 2

125 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, StingerMcK said:

Dale Roberts posted on their latest Facebook guest announcement

And he is a big league dealer there.  I wonder how others are feeling?  The guys at my LCS are saying customers are talking about going to SuperCon this year, instead of Heroes.

Last year I spent two days digging through dealer boxes. Admittedly, I'd like to see more names I recognize on there for this year, but 95% of my purpose in going is to wade through comics.

Let me preface by saying I love Heroes.  Its the first con I ever went to, and ive been going for 20 years. 

But SuperCon came out of nowhere last year and ended up being the best show I went to last year (and I went to 9 total)

Super has some great comic guest booked including Tom King (who IMO is the best in the game right now), as well as Larry Hama, J. M. DeMatteis, Keith Giffen, Mike Grell, Tom Grummett, Jim Starlin, Allen Bellman, Jose Delbo and Trevor Von Eeden.

So with all that said, I am glad I will be able to attend both shows.  Just wondering if they are going to bring in some big names this year.

Edited by StingerMcK

I would agree that is a good list, and too wish other cons could get some of the classic greats that are still attending cons. Also would like to see more indie greats such as Terry Moore, Jeff Smith, Matt Wagner, etc.

On 5/4/2018 at 1:02 PM, StingerMcK said:

But SuperCon came out of nowhere last year and ended up being the best show I went to last year (and I went to 9 total)

Are you referring to SuperCon in Fort Lauderdale (normally held in Miami Beach)?

2 hours ago, zosocane said:

Are you referring to SuperCon in Fort Lauderdale (normally held in Miami Beach)?

No the one in Raleigh, NC.

Heroes did a huge update on the guest list last week.  Several I will need to get some sigs from:

MAY 25

AdHouse
Paul Azaceta
Steve Bird
Ryan Bodenheim
Buno Books
Vic Carrabotta
Steve Conley
Bridgit Connell
Rick Davis
Mike Freiheit
Monica Gallagher
Keith Giffen
Craig Hamilton
Rick Leonardi
Brian Level
Al Milgrom
Christopher Mitten
Christopher Moeller
Joe Quinones
Brian Reber
Budd Root
Nikki Ryan
Johndell Snead
Durwin Talon and Guin Thompson Talon
Ben Templesmith
Mark Texeira
Dave Wachter
Adam Warren
Scott Wegener
Weird Empire
John Wycough
A.C. Zamudio
Carlos Nicolas Zamudio

Edited by StingerMcK

We are as excited about this year's H*C as anytime that I can remember. The travel plans are made (hotel and driving route) and we are volunteering for the third year running.

So, the part that you guys care about: we are coming to shop lots of dollar books (me) and Funko pops (mostly her). If you have pops! in your inventory and want to know what we're looking for - PM me and we can discuss off-line.

Anyone out there looking to make a deal on some signature series books? I'm taking a bunch of books to drop off with ComicLink to auction off, but I still have a lot of SS books I didn't include that I would like to try and move at the show for trade and or cash.  If anyone would like to discuss, send me a private message.  I'll be at the show Saturday and Sunday only this year.  :(

This show has been one of my favorites for so many years, one of these days I actually hope to win something at the Saturday night auction!