• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HEROES CON 2018 June 15th-17th
2 2

125 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Mike maio said:

Man can’t wait to meet up tomorrow. I still have the books to bring, with the mystic 8 5.5

D173D912-5481-4440-9289-C539224AA3C8.jpeg

Cool. I will be happy to add the mystic to inventory :)

13 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Definetely check out Nick's booth - he always has great books at even better prices.

Ah, this Con will bring back memories.  It is the 1st Con I ever set up at (go big or go home) since I was able to split a booth with Brock.  Did very well and it lead me to wasting my time and money at several other big Cons over the next few years.  I take it back - screw Heroes :cry:

I appreciate that Andrew. Looking forward to catching up!

14 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Definetely check out Nick's booth - he always has great books at even better prices.

Ah, this Con will bring back memories.  It is the 1st Con I ever set up at (go big or go home) since I was able to split a booth with Brock.  Did very well and it lead me to wasting my time and money at several other big Cons over the next few years.  I take it back - screw Heroes :cry:

Nik.

Y'all come see me in 2211. Just look for the big sign like my avatar. If you hit the outer wall, you've gone about 20 feet too far!

Ran into Steranko walking to the Con.  He seemed kind of shocked that I asked to shake his hand and told him I was a big fan.  He shook my hand (pretty good handshake for a man his age) and seemed happy I wasn’t a big, crazy fan. 

On 6/13/2018 at 10:26 AM, G.A.tor said:

I don’t like to drive but at least when I drive to Charlotte I get to stop at billy the donut Kings establishment in eufala Alabama. Best donut holes in the US imo

6EBF2CA6-1D33-4300-8D83-D8434EE626EC.jpeg

Don't forget to stop in Tuscaloosa, ROLL TIDE!!!

8 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

A slab? I did indeed...…...

Ok, that was me. I just wanted say thanks. I bought some other book at your booth( a bunch of Howard the Duck and Justice League Giant issues) I also purchased from you two years ago at Heroes and at Charolette comi con before. You always have great prices. I have been wanting a copy of GL 76 for years. Thanks for making it happen. We will definitely come back to your booth.

11 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

A slab? I did indeed...…...

Did you sell me a cruddy Avengers 196 and ASM 316??

Love your snarky attitude and was initially blown away when you said "you do not want that or that" until I realized you thought I only wanted high grades.  i love upper mid grade minor keys since they do well on E-Bay.  I'm not one of these fellow elitist who only want 9.4 copies.

14 hours ago, The Professor said:

Ok, that was me. I just wanted say thanks. I bought some other book at your booth( a bunch of Howard the Duck and Justice League Giant issues) I also purchased from you two years ago at Heroes and at Charolette comi con before. You always have great prices. I have been wanting a copy of GL 76 for years. Thanks for making it happen. We will definitely come back to your booth.

You got it. Glad I could make you happy and thanks for the repeat business!

11 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Did you sell me a cruddy Avengers 196 and ASM 316??

Love your snarky attitude and was initially blown away when you said "you do not want that or that" until I realized you thought I only wanted high grades.  i love upper mid grade minor keys since they do well on E-Bay.  I'm not one of these fellow elitist who only want 9.4 copies.

That was me too. I just find being upfront can save a bunch of time for all parties involved. Thanks for the cash. Hope to see you again next year!

Another great con, Heroes is the best!

Only compliant is CGC needs to figure out how to staff their booths, the wait times are just not acceptable for any business. I don’t understand how they just keep operating like this. No line management. People are there to get witnessed sigs and demand only keeps going up. 

Great convention. Had a nice time chatting to Declan Shalvey for about 10 minutes or so Friday evening, and spent most of the weekend rolling around, getting books signed for my own satisfaction. I was really surprised at being able to walk right up to Tim Sale with no line, to sign a few books, and same with Stelfreeze, Robbi Rodriguez, Joelle Jones and others. The only lines I abandoned were for Steranko (who I circled around to later, twice), and Jerry Ordway on Sunday, as he was running late and the art auction was starting again at 130. I got one piece. I was sorry to hear that a few artists got hit by the American flight glitches and couldn't make the weekend, or were forced to show up late Saturday for Sunday only.

SO HAPPY that a huge Whole Foods has opened down the block from the Westin and still across the street from the convention center; I had breakfast there both mornings, wathincg World Cup while knocking back grub and stocking drinks and snacks in my carry-bag for the day.  Always a lot of fun, and looking forward to hitting the travelling side-show in Raleigh called Supercon, July 28th weekend. If anyone is considering making a long weekend of it... take Friday off and show up Thursday. Lauryn Hill is performing at Red Hat Amphitheater, which is across the street from the convention center that night - the 26th.