• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HEROES CON 2018 June 15th-17th
2 2

125 posts in this topic

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:20 AM, Jay_Mick79 said:

Has anyone heard of any special variants for this years convention? I see Clayton Crain has designed a Venom #2 that releases next week and it is not available on Midtown? Thanks! 

Crain is signing books at Frankie's booth and they stated they have some con exclusives, so I would guess that may be one of them.

59 minutes ago, DjMartini said:

This is going to be my first Heroes Con, so pretty excited. Thanks for all the information on this thread! 

Looking forward to stopping all the booths!

:whee:

Make sure you hit up Fuel Pizza across from the convention center. Sooooo good :)

1 hour ago, Jay_Mick79 said:

And always so busy after the Con! 

If you have the energy, you can go to the other fuel a few blocks down on the same street.  That one is never busy during the times I've visited.

Doesn't show Neal Adams in attendance this year which doesn't surprise me considering how hard he's hit Heroes in the past.  I remember going by his booth last year where he was seemingly confined and sweating, surviving on a diet of bottled water and pizza slices being brought in by his daughter he had so many projects to do.

He's signed his name so many times I'm surprised his whole arm hasn't completely fallen off by now.

Edited by HENRYSPENCER

4 hours ago, HENRYSPENCER said:

Doesn't show Neal Adams in attendance this year which doesn't surprise me considering how hard he's hit Heroes in the past.  I remember going by his booth last year where he was seemingly confined and sweating, surviving on a diet of bottled water and pizza slices being brought in by his daughter he had so many projects to do.

He's signed his name so many times I'm surprised his whole arm hasn't completely fallen off by now.

He's in Denver instead

Hey guys, will be attending as well!

On a more serious note, the Ultimate Comics chain of 3 shops around Raleigh were ALL broken into Monday night, smashing straight in the front doors. Thief/thieves stole a ton of their high end books, smashing displays etc, and made off with other items. Early info is that they hit one shop, then drove 20 minutes, hit the next, and another 15 to 20 minutes to hit the last. A list might be up on their website, and they have a dual booth for Heroes Con, but be on the lookout for some books being shipped, with a theft that big occurring soon before a big nearby show. ☹️

Stop by my booth at 612/711 (same spot I've been for the last 3 years) for GREAT COMICS + EVEN BETTER PRICES! .
I will have ?
more than 20 boxes of $2, $3 and $5 comics from the golden age, silver age and bronze age. 20 boxes of some 50% off sticker comics from the silver and bronze age
6 boxes of CGC graded comics
10 boxes of Marvel and DC Key or higher priced comics

Thanks Leroy

Sampling of comics I'll bring below.

Banner.thumb.jpg.3efb0f23bbd6ad00200ebd840786c295.jpg

2071854073_CGCHeroes.jpg.a1d57b36754ffbc9e3dce953ed12b16d.jpg

394284463_KeysHeroes.jpg.a29a10018a9eb90566162df2f5ef3bf9.jpg

Any dealers have a high grade (prefer CGCed) Fantastic Four Annual 6 - bring it and I'm sure we can work out a fair cash price.

Edited by 1Cool