• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Panel Appreciation
3 3

54 posts in this topic

Fantastic Four Panel Appreciation

So I was recently given a copy of Marvel’s Fantastic Four Omnibus Vol. II, which has all my favorite old FF stories from back in the day. As a kid my FF collection went from #1-about #220, minus a few issues. I haven’t read any of these stories in 40 years, so on Fathers’ Day I settled in to read again. 

I found many panels to be really amusing in various ways, so I started snapping pics and thought I’d share my thoughts. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.

Here's Reed putting the sexist smackdown on the little woman. He looks a little wasted with that lazy eye.

001.jpg

Edited by Mackenzie999

Jack's drawing style evolved over the years as we all know. This particular panel is the very first one in the book that feels like true mid-period Kirby in his prime. Nothing particularly awesome about this, but the characters just feel solid and weighty, that hand feels like a real Kirby hand. Maybe it's just the inking but it feels like he turned a corner here.

009.jpg

On 6/19/2017 at 2:57 PM, Mackenzie999 said:

Well, that's it for now. I'm about 1/3 of the way through the book. If people like this I'll keep going. Hope you've enjoyed them so far.

Thank you. I'm loving it!