• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Old Comics, Pulps and other surprises from my junk pile!
4 4

154 posts in this topic

JUNK SALE! Old Comics, Pulps and other surprises from my junk pile!

Howdy Gang the ole Robot Man is back with some more goodies from the junk pile. This stuff has been piling up for quite a while and it's time to move them out. I usually due my sales in one or maybe two days but I've got quite a pile so this will probably take all week.

Please read below about PMs and offers. I want to get this stuff listed and give everyone a chance so I probably won't be reading PMs until I am done. I get a few everytime that want me to drasticly reduce a price with in seconds of posting. It ain't fair to the rest of you or to me so I probably won't do discounts the first day.

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $5.00 each for comics, very well packaged (unless noted in listing) I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking. 

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

Edited by Robot Man

First up

Rocketman #1 (only issue) 1952 Farrell Publications.

Cool book. Very "Atomic Age" in nature. Good art and stories and a little hard to find.

A nice, solid, clean, flat complete copy. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. No pieces missing, tears or major creasing. Book has a little light wrinkling. A small ink mark at top of spine and light general wear. Back cover has a very tiny chip out top top of spine. Interior paper white to off white and supple.

WAS $125.   NOW $100.

rocketman1_zpsuhrewof4.jpg

rocketman2_zps07g1fss2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Alley Oop #17 June 1949 Standard Publications

Classic Alex Schomburg GGA cover. Harem girls in side as well. A great read.

A clean, complete copy. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. No pieces missing, tears or major creasing. The book has seem some moisture damage though. Both staples are rusted through to centerfold. Book has some water warping and light staining on edges.  Interior paper off white and supple.

$30.

alleyoop17a_zpsoqskrtpi.jpg

alleyoop17b_zpspabvb4fh.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Weird Tales Pulp Magazine May 1952

Great Virgil Finlay witch and hell/devil cover.

A clean, square, bright, flat complete copy. Has full paper spine. There is a neat 1-1/4" tear in from the spine about in the middle of book. No other major tears or creasing. Book bound well to cover. Interior paper is slightly yellowed but supple with no tears or creases.

WAS $24.00   NOW $20.00

weirdtalesmay1_zps4ezphywm.jpg

weirdtalesmay2_zpsi0zzfthg.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

MAD Comics #22 March April 1955 EC Publications

Wonderful Picasso rip off cover with a photo of Bill Elder. "Special Art Issue"

A nice, flat, bright, clean, complete copy. Small tear at top staple (not detached. A rather unusual neat spine split at the "ULA" along the spine. Tiny chip out bottom left corner on back cover. Just light other general wear. Interior pages are white to off white and supple.

WAS $45.   NOW $40.

mad22a_zps2deb9ev8.jpg

mad22b_zpsr9qp9vwo.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

19 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Alley Oop #17 June 1949 Standard Publications

Classic Alex Schomburg GGA cover. Harem girls in side as well. A great read.

A clean, complete copy. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. No pieces missing, tears or major creasing. The book has seem some moisture damage though. Both staples are rusted through to centerfold. Book has some water warping and light staining on edges.  Interior paper off white and supple.

$30.

alleyoop17a_zpsoqskrtpi.jpg

alleyoop17b_zpspabvb4fh.jpg

:takeit:

SOLD!

Detective #193 March 1953 DC Publications

Great Joker, bondage cover!

Flat, bright, clean and complete. Covers are neatly split down to top staple as well as in the center of spine. Still attached to book though and not ragged. Back has neat spine split down to bottom staple. Very lightly tanned on edges of inside covers. No other tears or creases to speak of. Interior paper is yellowing but supple with no tears or creases. Presents great in a mylar and a great read!

$125.

detective193a_zps9f7svovk.jpg

detective193b_zpsugyqsd0f.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Many thanks Greg. She's all yours. By the way, if you like this Schomburg GGA stuff, watch this week. I have quite a few from the same collection.

Sounds good

Something a little different!

1937 Melvin Purvis Secret Operator Brass Ring and highest rank Captain Badge. Mail away items from Quaker Oats back in the lawless days of the 1930's. Nice shape with just a little wear mostly on the badge. The ring is pretty hard to find and in demand with premium collectors.

$85. for the pair + $2.50 postage

melvinpurvis1_zpsh0r8uvwh.jpg

SOLD!

Bruce Gentry #2 Nov 1948 Superior Publications

Hot Jack Kamen "headlights" cover! Good girl art story inside.

A clean, bright, flat, complete copy. A small, neat 1" upper spine split. Back cover has a few small creases and edge tears as seen in photos. Front cover has nice appearance with no tears or creases. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Interior paper is a little yellowed but supple. Has a small 1/4" edge tear that goes through whole book. A few small interior wrinkles and creases. Displays well.

$75.00

brucegentry1_zpsln5c0ljd.jpg

brucegentry2_zps42ypww1g.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Tales From the Crypt 1964 Balantine Paperback

Great EC horror reprints and a magnificant Frank Frazetta cover

Has a couple light creases and some light spotting inside covers. Spine is tight and square. Great color. Interior paper is supple with no tears or crases.

$20.00

pbcrypt1_zpsqvbla6w7.jpg

pbcrypt2_zpsmt0bodue.jpg

pbcrypt3_zpswogo8cme.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

5 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Bruce Gentry #2 Nov 1948 Superior Publications

Hot Jack Kamen "headlights" cover! Good girl art story inside.

A clean, bright, flat, complete copy. A small, neat 1" upper spine split. Back cover has a few small creases and edge tears as seen in photos. Front cover has nice appearance with no tears or creases. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Interior paper is a little yellowed but supple. Has a small 1/4" edge tear that goes through whole book. A few small interior wrinkles and creases. Displays well.

$75.00

brucegentry1_zpsln5c0ljd.jpg

brucegentry2_zps42ypww1g.jpg

31 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Detective #193 March 1953 DC Publications

Great Joker, bondage cover!

Flat, bright, clean and complete. Covers are neatly split down to top staple as well as in the center of spine. Still attached to book though and not ragged. Back has neat spine split down to bottom staple. Very lightly tanned on edges of inside covers. No other tears or creases to speak of. Interior paper is yellowing but supple with no tears or creases. Presents great in a mylar and a great read!

$125.

detective193a_zps9f7svovk.jpg

detective193b_zpsugyqsd0f.jpg

Capt. Easy #15 Feb 1949 Standard Publications

Most probably an unlisted Schomburg cover.

From the same collection as all the other Standard Schomburg books I will be listing this week. Flat,bright and solid complete copy. Slightly water damaged. a little "rippily" at top of book. Top staple is rusted all the way through to center. Bottom staple is slightly rusted but does not transfer all the way in. Has a bit of a "musty smell". No creases , tears or pieces missing. No mildew or spotting. Book and centerfold bound well to book. Interior paper is off white and supple.

WAS $25.00   NOW $20.00

capteasy15a_zpsxk7dwtbf.jpg

capteasy15b_zpsiarmf9x1.jpg

Edited by Robot Man