• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Old Comics, Pulps and other surprises from my junk pile!
4 4

154 posts in this topic

Humbug Digest 1957 Balantine Paperback

Awsome classic humor stuff by Kurtzman, Elder, Davis (cover + interior art), Jaffee and other EC artists. Not easy to find any more.

A very nice, tight, square copy with full paper spine. No tears or creases. Has nice original gloss. Upper right corner has a very tiny edge creases and slight bend. Book is well bound to covers. Interior paper is starting to tan but is clean, supple and nice with no tears or creases.

WAS $25.00  NOW $20.00

pbhumbug1_zpshyxskpqg.jpg

pbhumbug2_zpsxuys9gm6.jpg

pbhumbug3_zpsgxdham3i.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Wonder Woman #23 May 1947 DC Pubs

Nice, early issue with a story from Wonder Woman's childhood. Book has a slight spine roll. It is a little dirty and has had some light water damage. A bit of a musty smell. Worst problem is the piece out of the front cover as seen in photo. All pages are neatly torn all the way through the book about 3-1/2" down from top in this area. They are still attached pretty well and can be read carefully. This can be seen pretty well in the back cover photo.

$40.00

wonderwoman22a_zpsss2nvytj.jpg

wonderwoman22b_zpsmcsd6gf7.jpg

Capt. Easy #12 April 1948 Standard Publications

A wonderful Schomburg South Seas island GGA cover! Also some great good girl art inside as an added bonus.

Water damage. Staples rusted through to center. Musty smell. Both are popped. Rippled with back cover showing some light stains as well. Colors are very bright and presents pretty well considering. No pieces missing. Nice, flexible interior paper.

WAS $30.00   NOW $25.00

capteasy12a_zpsaoxlsx3y.jpg

capteasy12b_zpsv36qn674.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Alright, I get it... You people are pretty much comic book only people. I don't know how else to convince you that there are other related things out there at very affordable prices to complement your comics like this...

Startling Stories Spring 1944 Better Publications Pulp Mag

Oh man, this is a classic cover! Just check it out. What would this be worth if it were a "comic book"? You GGA guys are really missing out if you pass up this one.

A very nice complete copy! Worst problem is the small chip out of top edge and the tiny one at bottom and the lower right corner. A few very tiny edge tears which is par for the course with pulps. Cover ink is Blinding! Spine is square and tight with full paper. No other major tears or ny creasing. Interior paper is yellowed but very supple with no interior tears or creasing.

WAS $50.00   NOW $40.00

URL=http://s704.photobucket.com/user/comixtoys/media/Ebay/startlingmonster1_zpsmz1xn8nl.jpg.html]startlingmonster1_zpsmz1xn8nl.jpg[/URL]

startlingmonster2_zpsbfdgogea.jpg

startlingmonster3_zpsj3bycnpt.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD! (in a heartbeat!)

Racket Squad in Action #5 Feb 1953 Charlton Pubs

Everybody knows this one. If you don't have it, you probably want it. Classic high beam "headlights" cover.

Very nice, glossy, clean, bright complete copy. Has just very minor spine, edge and corner wear as shown in photos. Was cut a little off and the first couple of pages have "siamese" tears. No major tears or creases. Book and centerfold are bound well to book. Interior paper is slightly off white and fresh. Very presentable copy.

$125.00

racketsquad5a_zpshxlbmuhg.jpg

racketsquad5b_zpssenlmgmc.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Just now, Robot Man said:

Racket Squad in Action #5 Feb 1953 Charlton Pubs

Everybody knows this one. If you don't have it, you probably want it. Classic high beam "headlights" cover.

Very nice, glossy, clean, bright complete copy. Has just very minor spine, edge and corner wear as shown in photos. Was cut a little off and the first couple of pages have "siamese" tears. No major tears or creases. Book and centerfold are bound well to book. Interior paper is slightly off white and fresh. Very presentable copy.

$125.00

racketsquad5a_zpshxlbmuhg.jpg

racketsquad5b_zpssenlmgmc.jpg

I'll Take It 

18 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Alright, I get it... You people are pretty much comic book only people. I don't know how else to convince you that there are other related things out there at very affordable prices to complement your comics like this...

Startling Stories Spring 1944 Better Publications Pulp Mag

Oh man, this is a classic cover! Just check it out. What would this be worth if it were a "comic book"? You GGA guys are really missing out if you pass up this one.

A very nice complete copy! Worst problem is the small chip out of top edge and the tiny one at bottom and the lower right corner. A few very tiny edge tears which is par for the course with pulps. Cover ink is Blinding! Spine is square and tight with full paper. No other major tears or ny creasing. Interior paper is yellowed but very supple with no interior tears or creasing.

$50.00

URL=http://s704.photobucket.com/user/comixtoys/media/Ebay/startlingmonster1_zpsmz1xn8nl.jpg.html]startlingmonster1_zpsmz1xn8nl.jpg[/URL]

startlingmonster2_zpsbfdgogea.jpg

startlingmonster3_zpsj3bycnpt.jpg

Robot, the problem is your stuff is too tame.  Come on, let's see the good stuff. ;)

594b1f7fa6306_ManhuntV2N3May1954FlyingEagle20.jpg.ca4b9b0faa8ce5e33a9da1b9058c486d.jpg

OK gang, I think that's it for today. I'll put you out of your misery. I love the fact that guys all over the country are making their fingers numb with those refresh buttons. Still got a decent pile left. Some more coming up tomorrow hopefully. Now take another look see just in case Rick missed something... Thanks to all for your participation!

OK, back with another pile...

Ha Ha #46 Oct 1947 ACG Pubs

One of my favorite humor books! Most people who see it want one. Here is a decent copy to tide you over.

Bright and complete with lotsa minor wear. Spine has a few tiny tears and lots of creases and wrinkles. Staples have  slight rust on the outside. A few creases. Book and centerfold still attached to covers. Interior paper is off white and fresh.

$20.00

haha1_zpsw18ex6i5.jpg

haha2_zpsnoanfkcn.jpg

Capt Easy #16 May 1949 Standard Pubs

Annother colorful Schomburg cover. With GGA inside!

Last of the "water damaged" Schomburg collection I believe. One of the better shape ones from the lot. Top staple is rusty and migrates into the centerfold. Bottom staple is fine with no rust. Slight ripple at top of book only. Hardly any staining. Slight musty smell. No pieces missing, tears or creases. Book and centerfold are tight to covers. Interior paper is slightly yellowed but supple with no tears or creases.

WAS $25.00   NOW $20.00

capteasy16a_zpsiftllk9i.jpg

capteasy16b_zpsb9bxnkyj.jpg

Edited by Robot Man