• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Old Comics, Pulps and other surprises from my junk pile!
4 4

154 posts in this topic

The Ship of Ishtar Avon Paperback #324

Classic nude woman torturing some poor slob on cover!

A nice, bright complete copy with full glossy lamination. Slightly trimmed on right side? Has a small hole in spine. Spine is square and tight with full paper. Nice, supple interior pages.

WAS $15.00   NOW $10.00

pbishtar1_zpswtzygri0.jpg

pbishtar2_zpsg9ugpkww.jpg

pbishtar3_zpsxd96bq48.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Green Mask #10 Aug 1944 Fox Publications

Great action packed racketeer cover. These cool Fox books are really heating up lately.

Bright, clean and complete. Cover and first wrap neatly detached from single staple interior. Some glue I think on first page in at the spine. Thin "subscription" crease that does not break color. Back cover has a few light spots at bottom and a small piece out of center spine. Average general wear. No pieces missing and bright color. Interior paper is off white and nice.

$100.00 (just can't go lower on this one. I'll keep, it)

greenmask10a_zpsdoiqwsgg.jpg

greenmask10b_zpslbf92k2n.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Sensation Comics #51

Classic Action #1 tribute issue. Always a crowd favorite.

This is a coverless otherwise complete copy with a color laser front cover. Very slight rust on two staples that migrates to center slightly. Small piece off top left back cover. Nice, clean supple paper.

$30.00

sensation1_zps6qa5swnl.jpg

sensation2_zpskp1qay3o.jpg

sensation3_zpsykygsdxq.jpg

SOLD!

Weird Tales Pulp Nov 1949

Annother classic Matt Fox horror cover. Every bit as nice as his comic book work.

Nice, bright, flat complete copy. Has square spine with full paper. Old piece of tape running top to bottom of spine. Tiny hole and some wear to top left corner. Back coverand last few pages have some creasing at top. Interior paper is yellowed but supple.

$20.00

weirdtalesnova1_zpsgj9wdlvr.jpg

weirdtalesnova2_zpsidhqwclf.jpg

weirdtalesnova3_zpsqkrzk2o1.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Weird Tales Pulp Nov 1949

Annother classic Matt Fox horror cover. Every bit as nice as his comic book work.

Nice, bright, flat complete copy. Has square spine with full paper. Old piece of tape running top to bottom of spine. Tiny hole and some wear to top left corner. Back coverand last few pages have some creasing at top. Interior paper is yellowed but supple.

$20.00

weirdtalesnova1_zpsgj9wdlvr.jpg

weirdtalesnova2_zpsidhqwclf.jpg

weirdtalesnova3_zpsqkrzk2o1.jpg

:takeit:

SOLD! (no surprise...)

All True Romance #23 May 1955 Ajax Pubs

What a classic cover! There are just only a very few of this laughing head, accusing. finger pointing shame covers. I know of the big one Confession of the Lovelorn #52 ("I sold my baby"), Intimate #1, Love Journal #10 and this one. Very hard to find issue. Kinda sleezy interior good girl art.

Glossy, bright, complete copy. Has some minor tanning around edges of covers (not brittle). A few very minor edge tears and a tiny chip out of bottom of back cover. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Interior paper i yellowed a bit but supple with no damage. Presents well.

$150.00

alltrueromances1_zpszcydzylv.jpg

alltrueromances2_zps1mwfos7u.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

10 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

All True Romance #23 May 1955 Ajax Pubs

What a classic cover! There are just only a very few of this laughing head, accusing. finger pointing shame covers. I know of the big one Confession of the Lovelorn #52 ("I sold my baby"), Intimate #1, Love Journal #10 and this one. Very hard to find issue. Kinda sleezy interior good girl art.

Glossy, bright, complete copy. Has some minor tanning around edges of covers (not brittle). A few very minor edge tears and a tiny chip out of bottom of back cover. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Interior paper i yellowed a bit but supple with no damage. Presents well.

$150.00

alltrueromances1_zpszcydzylv.jpg

alltrueromances2_zps1mwfos7u.jpg

:takeit: I resisted long enough

Here's another one that if it were a comic book would go for a nosebleed price...

Thrilling Wonder Stories Pulp Feb 1950 Thrilling Publications

How many covers are like this? Weird Chills #2 perhaps? Maybe another one or two..

Really nice, complete copy. Has a couple small chips out of top and right side. A few small edge overhang tears at bottom and right side. Spine is square with near full paper. No creases and still has some original gloss. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with no interior damage. Tight copy.

$40.00

thrillingwonder1_zpshqyvnsfe.jpg

thrillingwonder2_zpsubdgq1yx.jpg

thrillingwonder3_zpscxpkglyg.jpg

OK, gang Robot Man has been sick all week and pushing it. Besides, sick or not, when you see a very local estate sale with a picture of honest to goodness GOLDEN AGE comics, sick or not I had to go. I was rewarded! More about them later.

So this is it for today. I probably will won't post any more tomorrow. Maybe lower some prices and finish up on Sat. I'm sure some of my new find will appear then, maybe...

6 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

OK, gang Robot Man has been sick all week and pushing it. Besides, sick or not, when you see a very local estate sale with a picture of honest to goodness GOLDEN AGE comics, sick or not I had to go. I was rewarded! More about them later.

So this is it for today. I probably will won't post any more tomorrow. Maybe lower some prices and finish up on Sat. I'm sure some of my new find will appear then, maybe...

(thumbsu

Prices lowered on all remaining stuff. I try to price them to the bone to begin with so I can only go down so far. Hopefully, if someone is on the edge, this might help a little.

Got one more batch tomorrow then I will close down on Sunday and send out invoices.

Harvey Kurtzman's Fun and Games 1965 Gold Medal Paperback

A hard one to find. Has games and puzzles and features like Help and Humbug Magazine.

Bright, square, flat and glossy. Paper spine is complete and has no creasing. This book is beautiful condition. Only real defect I can find is the lower left back corner has a little chipping (maybe silverfish?). Has one interior puzzle filled in in pencil otherwise un-used.

$15.00

pbfungames1_zpsnrfpjdrg.jpg

pbfungames2_zpskkw6meuw.jpg

pbfungames3_zpsqsqllob7.jpg

Comic Comics #9 Dec 1946 Fawcett Pubs

OK, I know what you are thinking, one of dem stupid "funny books" Yes, upon first appearance but does have A Capt. Kid Superhero story and a wonderful multipage Wolverton fishing tale.

Both staples are popped but hard to see until you open up the book. Cover is well attached still to book. Spine is split half way up from bottom. A little dirty sunshadow? mostly on back cover. Interior pages are creamy but supple.

$10.00

comiccomics1_zpsxxminwfi.jpg

comiccomics2_zpsnikxqtkg.jpg

comiccomics3_zpsq2sghwfy.jpg

SOLD!

True Life Secrets #23 Nov-Dec 1954 Charlton Pubs

Classic good girl art cover!

A beautiful, complete copy. Square, flat, tight staples. No pieces missing, tears or creases. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Has very slight bend to right side edge. Not a crease and does not break color. Interior pages are off white and supple. A wonderful example of this cool book!

$60.00

truelifesecrets1_zpscgih1she.jpg

truelifesecrets2_zpszxouxuxe.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Star Spangled #63 Dec 1946 DC Puplications

Simon and Kirby Newsboy Legion, Robotman, Liberty Belle and other features. A good read!

Has a small piece out top top left corner. Staples are neatly popped. Spine is a little shakey. Front cover has a couple corner creases. Back cover has a couple sunshadows. One is a little darker than the other. Interior paper is yellowed but supple.

$45.00

starspangled63a_zps4tlujxvv.jpg

starspangled63b_zpsa970by0k.jpg