• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Old Comics, Pulps and other surprises from my junk pile!
4 4

154 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

True Life Secrets #23 Nov-Dec 1954 Charlton Pubs

Classic good girl art cover!

A beautiful, complete copy. Square, flat, tight staples. No pieces missing, tears or creases. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Has very slight bend to right side edge. Not a crease and does not break color. Interior pages are off white and supple. A wonderful example of this cool book!

$60.00

truelifesecrets1_zpscgih1she.jpg

truelifesecrets2_zpszxouxuxe.jpg

I've always wanted one of these.  :takeit:

Action Comics #103 Dec 1946 DC Pubs

Nice complete copy. Has a bit of a sunshadow on the left side. Small chip at top of spine. Also neatly split  just below it to top of first staple. Bottom right corner has a tiny chip out of cover and first couple pages. Small 2" neat tear at bottom of right side. Back cover is dirty and has a 1-1/2" tear on left side. Interior paper is yellowed but supple. Centerfold bound well to book.

$60.00

action103a_zpsddr58yos.jpg

action103b_zpsk2wyghgk.jpg

SOLD!

Detective #118 Dec 1946 DC Pubs

Outstanding Joker cover and story!

This one is pretty raggedy but complete and readable. Cover is real chippy and pretty much detached. Book is rolled off center inside. Back cover has creasing and large sun shadows. Interior paper is off white/cream and supple. Centerfold is attached well. A reader/filler, nothing better.

$85.00

detective118a_zpslj6pcksz.jpg

detective118b_zpsijsc8nkv.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Here is something you will never see on the boards but will bring a smile to the "old guys" here

Original 1954 Mr. Potato Head toy in original box. This is the earliest version of this classic toy and an unusual variation with the car and trailer. Incredibly, unused! Has all the small parts still in original sealed bag. Has original instructions and Hasbro toy catalog included. Box is very nice. Square and no split corners. Bright color.

I don't really expect that anyone here will actually buy this cool artifact but just in case, I will price it considerablely lower that what I will have it out for at the next vintage toy show I do.

$40.00 +$12.50 postage

mrpotatoehead1_zpskpxdpl7b.jpg

mrpotatoehead2_zpstbggwzc1.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

15 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Detective #118 Dec 1946 DC Pubs

Outstanding Joker cover and story!

This one is pretty raggedy but complete and readable. Cover is real chippy and pretty much detached. Book is rolled off center inside. Back cover has creasing and large sun shadows. Interior paper is off white/cream and supple. Centerfold is attached well. A reader/filler, nothing better.

$85.00

detective118a_zpslj6pcksz.jpg

detective118b_zpsijsc8nkv.jpg

:takeit:

SOLD!

Superman #66 Sept-Oct 1950 DC Publications

Awsome Baseball cover and cool Prankster lead story.

Presents OK and all stories are complete. Has a few small edge chips. A neat tear through the title from spine to the "U". Another small right side edge tear as well. Spine is tattered but covers are still attached to each other. Looks like a large coupon ou of one of the interior ad pages. All stories are complete. Interior paper is really very nice. Yellowed a bit but supple and pliable with no other interior damage.

$40.00

superman66a_zps4b8y7kgc.jpg

superman66b_zpsgwaa4c4s.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Superman #66 Sept-Oct 1950 DC Publications

Awsome Baseball cover and cool Prankster lead story.

Presents OK and all stories are complete. Has a few small edge chips. A neat tear through the title from spine to the "U". Another small right side edge tear as well. Spine is tattered but covers are still attached to each other. Looks like a large coupon ou of one of the interior ad pages. All stories are complete. Interior paper is really very nice. Yellowed a bit but supple and pliable with no other interior damage.

$40.00

superman66a_zps4b8y7kgc.jpg

superman66b_zpsgwaa4c4s.jpg

SOLD!

Comic Cavalcade #19 Feb-March 1947 DC Pubs

I love these old fatties. A lot of good reading in this one. Even has a cool Christmas cover to boot!

As my wife would say, this is a "well loved" copy. Us comic guys have another term for it. The spine is a mess. rolled, split, torn. 1/2 of the back cover is missing. Smells of water damage. Numerous wrinkles, creases, small tears. Colors are bight and front cover is not missing any of the cool holiday cover. Interior paper is supple and very readable. Strictly a filler...

$35.00

comiccavalcade1_zpssyeknlnc.jpg

comiccavalcade2_zpshf8v1itp.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Just now, Robot Man said:

Comic Cavalcade #19 Feb-March 1947 DC Pubs

I love these old fatties. A lot of good reading in this one. Even has a cool Christmas cover to boot!

As my wife would say, this is a "well loved" copy. Us comic guys have another term for it. The spine is a mess. rolled, split, torn. 1/2 of the back cover is missing. Smells of water damage. Numerous wrinkles, creases, small tears. Colors are bight and front cover is not missing any of the cool holiday cover. Interior paper is supple and very readable. Strictly a filler...

$35.00

comiccavalcade1_zpssyeknlnc.jpg

comiccavalcade2_zpshf8v1itp.jpg