• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Old Comics, Pulps and other surprises from my junk pile!
4 4

154 posts in this topic

One thing I noticed in the recent John Burk auction was the fact that all of his pinbacks sold (and VERY aggressive prices I might add) even for the common stuff. I put them up here because I like 'em and they are VERY comic book related. So that being said, here is a killer rare one that Jon had in a little lessor condition.

Shock Gibson Live Wires Speed Comics Volunteers Circa 1941 Speed Comics mail away club. About 1-1/2" wide. Now we all know how scarce and collectible Speed Comics are. But, you will probably have to wait a very long time to find one of these.

Bright, glossy and nice with original pin on back. Has a very tiny amount of light foxing in the yellow background. Nothing that mars this cool button.

$250. + FREE postage

shockgibsonpin_zpsvxr89zgt.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

I sold a copy of this classic real fast early on in this thread in slightly lessor condition. Was digging around yesterday and found another copy...

Startling Stories March 1950 Thrilling Pubs

Yep, it's "that" cover! Hot blonde witch flying around the night sky in her undies.

Nice copy. Has square, tight spine with full paper. Cover is bright and complete with no missing pieces or creases. A few minor edge tears common with pulps. Has some VERY light waterstains on cover. No severe damage or musty smell. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with no tears or creases.

$50.00

startlingwitchpulp1_zpswf5yyx1x.jpg

startlingwitchpulp2_zps9ko20uxl.jpg

startlingwitchpulp3_zpsihrhgun9.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

OK, kids, I think this wraps up this sales thread. It has been fun. I appreciate all who have purchased from me this time. And hey, looking is free. Always like to "mix it up"a little even though most of you are only after one thing. It is a comic board for gosh sakes.

I will let this stuff simmer till tomorrow so, round up your purchases and head to the front. I will send out invoices tomorrow afternoon and close 'er down.

See you in the "funny papers"

robothead_zps38e9c7b6.jpg

6 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I'm going to walk the dog...someone buy that Startling before I get home!

PS Mr Robot,is that pin for sale or just to admire.No price!

Probably just admire Jimmers. Thanks for catching my screw up. Have a good dog walk, I've gotta do the same soon.

31 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I sold a copy of this classic real fast early on in this thread in slightly lessor condition. Was digging around yesterday and found another copy...

Startling Stories March 1950 Thrilling Pubs

Yep, it's "that" cover! Hot blonde witch flying around the night sky in her undies.

Nice copy. Has square, tight spine with full paper. Cover is bright and complete with no missing pieces or creases. A few minor edge tears common with pulps. Has some VERY light waterstains on cover. No severe damage or musty smell. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with no tears or creases.

$50.00

startlingwitchpulp1_zpswf5yyx1x.jpg

startlingwitchpulp2_zps9ko20uxl.jpg

startlingwitchpulp3_zpsihrhgun9.jpg

I'll take it

20 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Great Thread @Robot Man !! Really enjoy seeing a lot of these things even if they are not stuff I personally collect. That Captain Midnight badge is killer!

Thanks Rick. Now wouldn't you be the talk of the next con you went to with that little beauty pinned on your proud chest? And probably for less than you spend on mylars and full backs each month?