• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Old Comics, Pulps and other surprises from my junk pile!
4 4

154 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, OdinsSecrets said:

Very cool piece, and certainly not something you see everyday

This is so true. These old comic character pinbacks have just dried up. I used to find 'em all the time but not any more. With the prices Jon Berk got for his, I should probably give them to him to sell for me...

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

The Private Life of Helen of Troy Paperback 1948 Popular Library #147

Hubba hubba now this is a "headlights" cover! This kinda stuff was read under the covers with a flashlight back in the day...

Very nice copy. No tears or creases. Even has full glossy lamination with always torn off. A couple small marks and minor wear on back cover left/top edge. Spine is tight and square with full paper. Interior paper is bone white! Expand your GGA horizons with a cheap classic!

$25.00

pbhelentroy1_zpsrpewqfjk.jpg

pbhelentroy2_zpsy9yftamn.jpg

pbhelentroy3_zpsoykvcfkt.jpg

I'll take it

15 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Witty Comics #2 1945

One weird funny book! I just obtained Mr Burk's copy so this one is up for grabs. Very creepy corpse falling out of a closet cover. Just one of only a couple of this genre books I know of. Also has a Superhero story The Pioneer. Real unusual and hard to find.

A nice, flat, clean complete copy. Has a small tear at bottom of spine and very neatly spine split 1-1/4" from bottom. Centerfold is neatly detached from single staple. Not ragged on edges. No other major tears, creases or any missing pieces. Interior paper is cream but supple with no tears or creases.

$50.00

wittycomics1_zpsxxcaipak.jpg

wittycomics2_zpsdwxlodwv.jpg

:takeit:

20 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Sheena Queen of the Jungle Pulp Magazine V1#1 Spring 1951 Friction House Publications

Awsome one-shot issue. Kind of hard to find. Has b/w illustrations throughout as well as this beautiful cover.

Nice, tight complete copy. Has square spine with full paper. A couple very minor spine tears top and bottom. A few minor edge tears which are very common to pulps. No other major tears or creases and no pieces missing. Tiny chip out top right corner. and bottom right corner. Back cover is a little dirty at top. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with no tears or creases.

$130.00

sheena1_zpsteuavafi.jpg

sheena2_zpsyhi9nlo7.jpg

sheena3_zpskbn8scjp.jpg

I love Friction House! :takeit:

SOLD! (quick!)

OK kids, back with another load from my junk pile. First one up today...

Authentic Police Cases #7 April 1950 St. John Pubs.

This one sports a great Matt Baker GGA cover. The "love" books get all the love it seems. Baker's other stuff is just as good in most cases for way less cost. This one also contains a rather grusome and graphic hanging scene. Just what you wanted your kids plucking down their dimes for in 1950... I got this one from Ricksneatstuff a while back but recently upgraded it.

A nice, well presenting complete copy. Has some spine roll and tiny tears and a small 1/2" split at bottom. Has some old pencil marking in the letter "C" in title. Staples are starting to pull but cover is still well bound to book. Centerfold well attached. Interior paper is white to off white.

$45.00

comauthpolicecases7a_zpstsd9fdhb.jpg

comauthpolicecases7b_zpsysrs5iiw.jpg

comauthpolicecases7c_zpsdclrewnc.jpg

comauthpolicecases7d_zpsrvsvebv8.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Capt Easy #11 Jan 1948 Standard Pubs

Annother one that got wet... Nice Schomburg GGA cover. Nice GGA story inside as well.

Water damaged. Both staples rusted through to center. Bottom staple popped. Some lite staining and rippling. Musty small. No pieces missing, tears or creases. Interior paper has some water staining inside front covers. Interior paper is very supple and readable.

WAS $25.00   NOW $20.00

capteasy11a_zpsnyggepvo.jpg

capteasy11b_zpsfb3o2yha.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Here's annother one of those nasty girly pbs!

Wanton Venus Novel Library #5 1948

Who who! A nudie girl on cover! Haven't read it, but the back cover liner notes promise some "good stuff"

A nice, flat, clean complete copy. Spine is square with full paper. Covers have no tears or creases. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with no tears or creases.

WAS $20. for a real nice copy!  NOW $15.

OK, start the "snickering"...

pbwantonvenus1_zpstsbtljjg.jpg

pbwantonvenus2_zpsmdf6udaq.jpg

pbwantonvenus3_zpsff5yzvkq.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

How about a cool pulp?

Black Book Detective Cases Nov 1940 Thrilling Pubs

Great double barrel pistol action with a hot babe and Nazis!

From the same stash as the Capt. Easy's... Has some smoke and water damage. A small piece of old tape at top of spine and bottom of spine. A few small edge tears as is common with these old pulps. Colors are bright and no pieces missing. Looks pretty good in bag. Interior paper is yellowed but supple.

$20.00

blackbook1_zpsb2u4i332.jpg

blackbook2_zps0uonllel.jpg

blackbook3_zpsxwwrkvdk.jpg

SOLD!  (fast!)

Green Mask #11 Nov 1944 Fox Publications

Nice one here. These are hot. Out of my own collection and it won't break my heart to put it back...

A clean, flat, bright complete copy. Very light spine wear. Front cover has no pieces missing, tears or creases. Back cover has several, light wrinkles and cover creases. There is a center edge tear about 3/8" that also goes into the last two pages. Book and centerfold are still bound well by single staple to covers. Interior paper is slightly yellowed/off white with no interior damage.

$150.00

greenmask11a_zps1gp2stfg.jpg

greenmask11b_zpskrcfnrgb.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Green Mask #11 Nov 1944 Fox Publications

Nice one here. These are hot. Out of my own collection and it won't break my heart to put it back...

A clean, flat, bright complete copy. Very light spine wear. Front cover has no pieces missing, tears or creases. Back cover has several, light wrinkles and cover creases. There is a center edge tear about 3/8" that also goes into the last two pages. Book and centerfold are still bound well by single staple to covers. Interior paper is slightly yellowed/off white with no interior damage.

$150.00

greenmask11a_zps1gp2stfg.jpg

greenmask11b_zpskrcfnrgb.jpg

I'll Take It 

The Three Rocketeers #1 1965 Harvey Pubs

Very cool, underrated book. Has Kirby cover and story. Also stories by Williamson, Torres and Crandall inside. Almost EC like.

Bright, flat, tight complete copy. No pieces missing or tears. Has a long thin cover crease and just minor wear. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is nice, off white with no damage.

Was $20.00  Now $15.00

threerocketeers1_zpsmnuakgg6.jpg

threerocketeers2_zpsiya3lqg3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man