• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA books still flying under the radar
1 1

305 posts in this topic

I'm wondering whether the proper title for this thread isn't "GA Books That Will Shortly Not Fly Under the Radar." hm

With my copy now at CGC, I'm reminded that Top-Notch 22 is a rare book (just one copy currently on the census and I believe it's the Church) that has the first appearance of Archie in a full-page ad.

Anyone here have a copy? hm 

On 6/21/2017 at 3:01 PM, N e r V said:

I'm almost done with my short Venus run (#9-19) so if it's under the radar I'm glad I'm almost finished.

That said, I think the series is still a bargain for some of its covers. Maybe it'll just sit where it's at interest wise but I won't be shocked if copies of 17,18, and 19 run up in the future.

19 is still probably one of the better known PCH classic covers.

Funny, after being new to comic collecting and VERY new to GA collecting, I simply stumbled upon some late run Venus books last year and got lucky.

Now do I hang onto them or sell??!

Edited by TheFifthHorseman

3 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Yeah, let's see, I have it somewhere around here.

Oh, here it is :idea:

The-Comic-Book-Price-Guide-9-Overstreet-Wally.jpg

I can dimly remember those days. Back then, a "price jump" was when a book listed as .40/.80/1.20 went to .50/1.00/1.50!  :preach:

18 hours ago, Point Five said:

I can dimly remember those days. Back then, a "price jump" was when a book listed as .40/.80/1.20 went to .50/1.00/1.50!  :preach:

And "Mint" meant, in today's standards, anything between 8.5 and 10.0, inclusive.

And restoration disclosure was largely optional.

Edited by zosocane

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 3:26 PM, sacentaur said:

With my copy now at CGC, I'm reminded that Top-Notch 22 is a rare book (just one copy currently on the census and I believe it's the Church) that has the first appearance of Archie in a full-page ad.

Anyone here have a copy? hm 

Yes! Had it for many years. Only missing TN #4, not counting the TN Laugh issues, which I don't collect . Great title.

1 hour ago, twmjr1 said:

Yes! Had it for many years. Only missing TN #4, not counting the TN Laugh issues, which I don't collect . Great title.

Would love to see a scan of your Top-Notch 22, if one's available.