• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA books still flying under the radar
1 1

305 posts in this topic

On 6/20/2017 at 7:36 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

On a serious note, I love/hate this topic. If I think something cool is truly flying under the radar I probably won't be talking about it.  I think there are books that have been under the radar but just recently have been getting traction amd are still on the upswing. Of course, I am only really looking at the gga market.  Here is a mover recently.  

IMG_1780.jpg

That's a book I was totally unaware of its value until you mentioned it. A 6.0 sold for nearly $800.00 in April. Amazing.

26 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Too late-

Dude, that is one seriously gorgeous TN22.  For CGC to not have the "Archie notation" on this is very negligent on their part.  I'm sure there are many people working there who know about the Ad. 

Edited by gadzukes

2 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Dude, that is one seriously gorgeous TN22.  For CGC to not have the "Archie notation" on this is very negligent on their part.  I'm sure there are many people there who know about the Ad. 

I think CGC's default on label notes is to follow Overstreet, and he doesn't mention the Archie connection.

20 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I think CGC's default on label notes is to follow Overstreet, and he doesn't mention the Archie connection.

Well, if I ever send one of my copies in, I'm going to make sure they put the notation. (all of my copies are super low grade though :frown:)

25 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Oh, and Target Comics 8 (what a cover!).

this ol' thing?

sac, i know there's a mile high of this'un, it's on the heritage archives and reflected on gpa--do yo know of any other pedigree copies?

target8_jpg.jpg

Edited by Straw-Man

14 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

this ol' thing?

sac, i know there's a mile high of this'un, it's on the heritage archives and reflected on gpa--do yo know of any other pedigree copies?

target8_jpg.jpg

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! :applause:

I can verify that the Larson pedigree copy exists... (:

1 hour ago, comicjack said:

Crime are still pretty cheap but i think the UC7 is not one of them anymore with that awesome cover :smile:

Yeah, that one has a had a big run up.  Don't know how much higher it can go from here.

On 6/21/2017 at 10:04 AM, ThothAmon said:

I got sidetracked during the bidding on this one.  I would have cost you a lot more. :)