• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA books still flying under the radar
1 1

305 posts in this topic

I'm almost done with my short Venus run (#9-19) so if it's under the radar I'm glad I'm almost finished.

That said, I think the series is still a bargain for some of its covers. Maybe it'll just sit where it's at interest wise but I won't be shocked if copies of 17,18, and 19 run up in the future.

19 is still probably one of the better known PCH classic covers.

2 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

The fact you picked that up for that price shows it still is flying under the radar :golfclap:

49 minutes ago, N e r V said:

I'm almost done with my short Venus run (#9-19) so if it's under the radar I'm glad I'm almost finished.

That said, I think the series is still a bargain for some of its covers. Maybe it'll just sit where it's at interest wise but I won't be shocked if copies of 17,18, and 19 run up in the future.

19 is still probably one of the better known PCH classic covers.

I have 18. It's about $600 a point now.

That seems high. Is it really that much now?

I know a CGC 6.0 copy of #19 just cleared 7k at auction.

Not sure where my lowly (but pretty) CGC 4.0 falls at these days. I overpaid at 3k in a Comicconnect auction for it back in 2014 but I liked it better than most 4.0's at the time. Not about money to me but about having a copy of one of my favourite PCH covers.

I have CGC 5.0's on #17 and 18. Didn't think any of the Venus books had jumped to much the last couple years. Got both of those at Clink auction for $1100.00 each.

Where's Planet Comics #71 these days? I paid $400.00 for a CGC 5.0 copy from Bedrock in the summer of 2015 at the SDCC thinking that was super expensive for that book.

It is in my opinion probably the best Maurice Whitman cover.

1 minute ago, N e r V said:

Where's Planet Comics #71 these days? I paid $400.00 for a CGC 5.0 copy from Bedrock in the summer of 2015 at the SDCC thinking that was super expensive for that book.

A 4.5 just sold for $270 (super cheap) but an 8.0 just sold for over $2k. I was offered $650 for my 6.0 raw copy but it isnt for sale (shrug)

19 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

A 4.5 just sold for $270 (super cheap) but an 8.0 just sold for over $2k. I was offered $650 for my 6.0 raw copy but it isnt for sale (shrug)

Some but not a lot of movement since I got mine. I feel the same. To cool to think of selling.

33 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Besides Blue Bolt #105 I think Mister Mystery #6 is going to shock one day with prices.

Ooh, good one! And might as well throw in Dark Mysteries #19 since you're in the neighborhood.

1 minute ago, Point Five said:

Ooh, good one! And might as well throw in Dark Mysteries #19 since you're in the neighborhood.

It's funny I thought DM 19 was kind of pricey.

1 hour ago, N e r V said:

Love Pl 71. It's one of my last five GA to go in my collection!

Edited by piper

Besides Blue Bolt #105 I think Mister Mystery #6 is going to shock one day with prices.

There is a  Mister Mystery 6 auction but it seems the interiors are tan ... anyway i was looking at the sold listings and i found this book, it sold for a good money despite the low grade and there are 3 people watching the listed photocopy

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Mijael.Levy

4 minutes ago, comicjack said:

Tough book and has a very high ceiling left to go and so undervalued in the Overstreet  (thumbsu

The guide is comical re. most issues of Super-Mystery. 10x guide is a bargain on some issues. V3#4 is really the one I'm thinking about here. That cover is insane.

Edited by twmjr1

I agree with that.  Scarce book.  I don't know if I've ever seen anything but low grade copies.