• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] One Special Eisner Offering

8 posts in this topic

One Special Eisner Offering

Background: I'm a long-time collector, not a dealer, starting at age 5 in the early '70's with a 20-cents-a-day habit. My eBay feedback is all as a buyer (same name); never sold there and no plans to. I do have a small kudos thread here, having made a handful of purchases from and sales to fellow boardies. I'll attempt to follow what I believe are commonly accepted best practices, based on my reading here and in the rules posting. If I miss something, gentle polite nudges are welcome. Or just kick me in the head. Whatever. I'm easy.

Rules: :rulez: 

Shipping is included; U.S. Only. If you are outside the U.S., PM me and we will determine actual shipping and any other relevant details.

No HOS, probies, or treacherous villains, please.

PM's welcome of course, but :takeit: in the thread trumps all, time stamp rules.

Payment is Money Order or check.

Returns: Sure, just notify me within 3 days of receipt and pay return shipping. Unless of course return is due to my error/something I missed.

Two first editions of Will Eisner's A Contract With God -- the hardcover, hand-signed limited edition, #1287 of 1500, and a paperback first edition as a reading copy as well. Both are nice mid-grade copies, though the paperback appears as if the top of the back cover got wet once, slight waviness and stain.  

$300 for the pair, shipped.

Currently two signed first edition hardcovers are offered on eBay, both from international sellers. One is offered at just over $300; one at about $380. Neither includes a softcover first edition; nor shipping.

One copy is offered within the U.S., $400 with free shipping, but no softcover edition.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix
Comparison info

7 minutes ago, TheSurgeon said:

Great book! And a great read- real literature- sequential art.

Thank you! I agree; I do have myself a later edition reader. Parting with these as I have been offered a chance to make an offer on a couple raw grails that have been sitting in a collection for 30 years.

I should have mentioned, I did offer this in a previous thread, but it was an outlier among esoteric items mostly priced much lower (only 1 other book in that thread was at the $100 mark) so I thought perhaps those who might be interested may have missed it had they only quickly skimmed that thread.