• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Comic Racks
6 6

227 posts in this topic

On 12/18/2018 at 7:47 AM, sfcityduck said:

For the advanced collector on eBay today is a 1939 DC rack (I'm not the seller):

s-l1600.jpg

This guy is local to me and I have seen it. Yes, the "Action #1" of comic racks for sure. He has had it on ebay and other venues for sale several times. It just takes the right buyer...

11 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

Pleased to say I finally found myself a circa 1948 Dell wire rack.  Will post pics when it arrives.  

Nice!  I’m looking forward to seeing it.  I’d like to find the old lady a Dell rack as she primarily collects 40’s LTMM.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:09 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

Nice!  I’m looking forward to seeing it.  I’d like to find the old lady a Dell rack as she primarily collects 40’s LTMM.

I'll be posting pics next week.  The shipping got delayed because the seller needed time to retrieve it from storage.  I'm really excited to own this particular rack because it was the rack at the Tower Theatre drug store in Sacramento, a store that my mother frequented when she was a kid, so she likely bought a comic off this rack.  The seller had put it up on eBay a few years ago, but took it down.  On a flyer, I sent him an email to see if he still had it, he did, and now its' winging its way to me.  

13 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

My newest rack - the Dell 1948 wire rack.  It's a bit beat up, more of an American Pickers quality than what I usually seek out.  But this one came from a location in Sacramento that my Mom was going to in 1948.  So I thought it was more than worth picking up.

Wow - wonderful :applause:

14 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

My newest rack - the Dell 1948 wire rack.  It's a bit beat up, more of an American Pickers quality than what I usually seek out.  But this one came from a location in Sacramento that my Mom was going to in 1948.  So I thought it was more than worth picking up.

IMG_0186.thumb.jpg.5aa16f201f6647ab226c7009aa5dbe9e.jpg

That's really nice and the family connection makes it even more special. Huge congrats!

40 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

image.jpg

What's interesting about this ad is how it illuminates some of the ancillary business that the booming comics market developed. A few weeks ago Heritage auctioned a promotional piece on All American Comics. I wonder what other ephemera exists out there that people might collect related to the industry. Too bad DC or Dell never had a comic mobile; that would be something to own!!

Edited by 50YrsCollctngCmcs

Someone got a cool beat up early early GA DC rack at Hake's yesterday:

DC COMICS EARLY WIRE COMIC BOOK SALES RACK.

And someone also picked up a nice looking wood Dell rack.  I almost bid, but I've got the same model wood rack for Gold Key and a metal GA rack.  

26 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Someone got a cool beat up early early GA DC rack at Hake's yesterday:

DC COMICS EARLY WIRE COMIC BOOK SALES RACK.

And someone also picked up a nice looking wood Dell rack.  I almost bid, but I've got the same model wood rack for Gold Key and a metal GA rack.  

I can't believe I totally forgot about the auction.  I had my catalog out and watched these and some of the GA books.  doh!