• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Comic Racks
6 6

227 posts in this topic

On 9/26/2023 at 6:53 PM, Cowboy Comics said:

Thank you Sfcityduck. It looks to be the exact same one as Zaids, just by looking at the rust on the topper signs. I'm off to pick it up tomorrow so we'll see if it is actually there. Fingers crossed. I will post up pictures if I actually do end up with it. 

Any updates? 

I hope it's legit! 

On 9/26/2023 at 3:53 PM, Cowboy Comics said:

Thank you Sfcityduck. It looks to be the exact same one as Zaids, just by looking at the rust on the topper signs. I'm off to pick it up tomorrow so we'll see if it is actually there. Fingers crossed. I will post up pictures if I actually do end up with it. 

The one pictured below was not Zaid's (his is like mine - a five sided single wide sign).  But your pic and the below rack sure look like the same doublewide three sided spinner racks.  The problem is that the below rack is missing one side. And based on your pic, it looks like someone pulled the sign on the right off, probably to put on a double wide non-spinning rack, and is selling what's left.  I'd probably still buy it for an appropriate price. 

Image result for comic code authority spinner rack

I just noticed something sort of cool.  This pic of Gaines and Feldstein:

1709164418844blob.jpg.e1afaa6bdcaa297e3a685802c616481e.jpg

Why cool?  Because I haven't seen very many racks that look like that. In fact, searching around, the only rack with that shape I was able to find is this one:

954d8d1cb933d02c4a6ec6e5c0a9f3da.jpg

Makes sense that the son of Max Gaines would have a GA DC rack and that he'd pull the signs off and use it to rack up his own comics. I'd take a bet on that!

Edited by sfcityduck

On 2/28/2024 at 3:51 PM, sfcityduck said:

I just noticed something sort of cool.  This pic of Gaines and Feldstein:

1709164418844blob.jpg.e1afaa6bdcaa297e3a685802c616481e.jpg

Why cool?  Because I haven't seen very many racks that look like that. In fact, searching around, the only rack with that shape I was able to find is this one:

954d8d1cb933d02c4a6ec6e5c0a9f3da.jpg

Makes sense that the son of Max Gaines would have a GA DC rack and that he'd pull the signs off and use it to rack up his own comics. I'd take a bet on that!

Grant Geissman has an original commissioned painting by Feldstein of the Bill and Al photo. Striking when you see it.