• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men #135 Original Art by Byrne and Austin
1 1

32 posts in this topic

In general I think Heritage is probably the better option, but I don't know about canceling a running auction and re-listing it with Heritage. I think letting that eBay auction run its course would have done well. It was fresh and had pretty good buzz last week.

Heritage will get more eyeballs, but the page will also be a small fish in a big pond there. Especially if other possibly stronger X-Men pages are in the same auction. 

Edited by J.Sid

49 minutes ago, J.Sid said:

In general I think Heritage is probably the better option, but I don't know about canceling a running auction and re-listing it with Heritage. I think letting that eBay auction run its course would have done well. It was fresh and had pretty good buzz last week.

Heritage will get more eyeballs, but the page will also be a small fish in a big pond there. Especially if other possibly stronger X-Men pages are in the same auction. 

I don't know, anything above a few K, i'd be worried about someone trying to scam me.  It's pretty easy with eBay....  I've heard some horror stories.

Not so much with HA.com

On 6/26/2017 at 0:49 PM, David Passmore said:

The page hasn't been sold. I took it down to reconsider my options. It's going to be up again soon, along with a John Romita Jr. X-Men page, most likely on Heritage. If folks are interested I'll post here when they're available.

IMG_4213.jpg

VERY interested in that Romita page.

On 6/24/2017 at 5:10 PM, David Passmore said:

I haven't been involved with the hobby for several years-- is it that simple? Is there enough of a premium on the specialty sites vs eBay to account for the increased commission? Research seemed inconclusive...

FYI, I'm the seller.

so did you sell it?

It's curious because this scene was not in the original plot of the Dark Phoenix Saga. It was added when Salicrup and/or Shooter decided to expand the original plot of #134 (still to be added the Dazzler issue) in two issues and they needed to stretch the story.

Below is part of the list with the plans for the series. At this point, Phoenix died at the end of #134. Later this issue was split in two. and then, Salicrup decided to delay the ending to a special issue. The plots were done way in advance, while Stern was still the editor of the series. This is unknown in USA.

ByrneList Detail.jpg