• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BEAT but COMPLETE!! Let's see those much loved 1.0s-2.0
5 5

225 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Awesome book! Condition preference in our hobby is understandable; condition snobbery versus the rescue of a book such as this is inexcusable!  (thumbsu

It is actually a very solid reading copy with supple pages. My friend was walking his dog and saw it on the top of a trash can. He actually looked in the can but it was the only comic. He said there were other magazines and paper but he left them. I told him what it was worth but he refused payment. That is a true friend. We took him and his wife out for a very nice dinner. I was over the moon because it's a book I probably would never have the chance to acquire. Very glad it survived.

On 7/8/2017 at 10:57 AM, Artboy99 said:

StartlingTerror1120.jpg

On 7/8/2017 at 10:58 AM, Artboy99 said:

PlanetComics5cgc20front_zps72de4eaf.jpg

On 7/8/2017 at 10:59 AM, Artboy99 said:

wit1_90a_zps719b2e06.jpg

Entire spine of cover is split and it is detached from the book.

I very much enjoy your taste in comics!!! 

22 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Here's a sad beater. Probably under 1.0 but I got it from a non collector friend who found it on the top of a trash can!

comamazingman5.jpg

OMG that is a HECKuVA COOL BOOK THERE!!!!! 

17 hours ago, walclark said:

Forgot I had this one:

59617b68622f2_morefun55CGC1.8.jpg.d726d85c746a458460fe82f0a2fde386.jpg

One of the few collections in the world I would imagine this book gets forgot about!!!! For a 1.8 that is just about as good as it gets!!! 

38 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

2017-07-09-0001_zpsmajc7glf.jpg

2017-07-09-0001_zps7c6mvvqp.jpg

Dang! that is super slick and shows I know next to nothing about grading comics.  I have seen 4.0 with the Brittle Pages notation but why this one gets a 1.0?  I just don't see it?  Someone help me out a bit, please...

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

2017-07-09-0001_zpsmajc7glf.jpg

2017-07-09-0001_zps7c6mvvqp.jpg

2 hours ago, ender said:

Dang! that is super slick and shows I know next to nothing about grading comics.  I have seen 4.0 with the Brittle Pages notation but why this one gets a 1.0?  I just don't see it?  Someone help me out a bit, please...

Agreed and great book T!!! Is this a book you subbed yourself? I am curious to know actually how the pages were in your estimation. CGC is pretty hit and miss in this regard that is why I don't put too much stock in it anymore in regards to White vs off white etc. I heard of a book recently that was OW according to a reputable seller long time collector and it came back SB but I guess color doesn't always mark quality. Either way GREAT looking 1.0!!

Edited by gino2paulus2

2 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Agreed and great book T!!! Is this a book you subbed yourself? I am curious to know actually how the pages were in your estimation. CGC is pretty hit and miss in this regard that is why I don't put too much stock in it anymore in regards to White vs off white etc. I heard of a book recently that was OW according to a reputable seller long time collector and it came back SB but I guess color doesn't always mark quality. Either way GREAT looking 1.0!!

I did sub it myself and the pages seemed fine when I flipped through it.  Surprised at how it came back, but since I bought it raw for $40, I figure it was still a decent deal.  About the best 1.0 you'll ever see. 

Slightly off topic:

Reminder that the entire genre of pulps (sci-fi, patriotic or salacious covers) circa 1940s to 1953 in 2.0 fragile or brittle edges can be found for about $10 each if you are not afraid to dig at comicons. e.g. 'His willing victim was the Girl who loved Death.'

EIS7Pxj.jpg

15 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I did sub it myself and the pages seemed fine when I flipped through it.  Surprised at how it came back, but since I bought it raw for $40, I figure it was still a decent deal.  About the best 1.0 you'll ever see. 

Totally agree great deal and thanks I am happy to hear you could flip through it!! 

12 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Slightly off topic:

Reminder that the entire genre of pulps (sci-fi, patriotic or salacious covers) circa 1940s to 1953 in 2.0 fragile or brittle edges can be found for about $10 each if you are not afraid to dig at comicons. e.g. 'His willing victim was the Girl who loved Death.'

EIS7Pxj.jpg

Great pulps here is one that fits that bill as well...

20236127132_78d1805591_b.jpg

On 7/29/2017 at 4:03 PM, Johnny545 said:

Bump for a rough but complete Whiz 3(2)

cXIJufX.jpg

On 7/29/2017 at 8:38 PM, ender said:

Love it!  When I see comics like this it always makes me think that someone really enjoyed them.  

Ditto and I greatly enjoy this book!! Well done Johnny!!