• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Harvey Adventure Comics thread?

19 posts in this topic

Where did the Harvey Adventure comics thread go? I've failed miserably in my searches. Is anybody better at searching this board than I am?

???

The Search function was the one area of this board that needed improvement, but that's not what they improved.... 

:tonofbricks:

Edited by Hepcat

On 6/23/2017 at 3:44 PM, Hepcat said:

Where did the Harvey Adventure comics thread go? I've failed miserably in my searches. Is anybody better at searching this board than I am?

???

The Search function was the one area of this board that needed improvement, but that's not what they improved.... 

Did we have such a thread in GA?  I can't remember it. hm

We could always start a new one!

RADDEE442015116_161049_zpsee6kvb1h.jpg

On 6/23/2017 at 2:44 PM, Hepcat said:

???

Hep,

Know this was a few weeks ago but if you are looking for the one you started in 2011 - it is Silver Age Forum, titled "Showcase your Harvey comics here!" - Here is the linkage

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/229793-showcase-your-harvey-comics-here/?page=10

Edited by telerites

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Did we have such a thread in GA?  I can't remember it. hm

Yes, we had such a thread for sure. I posted many of my Black Cat and Harvey horror titles in it perhaps five years ago.

It makes me wonder whether some older threads were lost in the changeover.

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

We could always start a new one!

But I wanted to find the old thread specifically so I could quickly access my scans of these comics. Therefore starting a new thread won't help.

meh

Edited by Hepcat

2 hours ago, telerites said:

Hep,

Know this was a few weeks ago but if you are looking for the one you started in 2011 - it is Silver Age Forum, titled "Showcase your Harvey comics here!" - Here is the linkage

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/229793-showcase-your-harvey-comics-here/?page=10

Interesting. I couldn't find that Silver Age thread either. While it's not the one of which I was thinking, it will do since it contains almost all the scans I want. So thank you!

:smile:

1 hour ago, Hepcat said:

Interesting. I couldn't find that Silver Age thread either. While it's not the one of which I was thinking, it will do since it contains almost all the scans I want. So thank you!

Cool.  If I stumble over any others, I will shoot you a PM.  

20 hours ago, Hepcat said:

Yes, we had such a thread for sure. I posted many of my Black Cat and Harvey horror titles in it perhaps five years ago.

It makes me wonder whether some older threads were lost in the changeover.

But I wanted to find the old thread specifically so I could quickly access my scans of these comics. Therefore starting a new thread won't help.

meh

You lost your scans?

43 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Where did you ever track down this rarity? hm

I lucked upon it and a Major Inapak in a coffee can in an attic in a barn in the Midwest owned by two 100 year old spinsters who hoarded paper rarities.

7 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:
54 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Where did you ever track down this rarity? hm

I lucked upon it and a Major Inapak in a coffee can in an attic in a barn in the Midwest owned by two 100 year old spinsters who hoarded paper rarities.

Some guys have all the luck! :cry:

4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

You lost your scans?

No, I didn't "lose" them. But if they're in the middle of a 109 page album in Photobucket, they can be easier to access wherever I've already posted them.

Edited by Hepcat

1 hour ago, Hepcat said:

No, I didn't "lose" them. But if they're in the middle of a 109 page album in Photobucket, they can be easier to access wherever I've already posted them.

I used to have that problem until I divided up my PB into multiple albums organized by theme.  Much easier to find scans now.  After you set up new albums, you can go through your original album and use the "Move" function to redistribute your scans.  Takes a while, of course, but worth the trouble, imo.

37 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I used to have that problem until I divided up my PB into multiple albums organized by theme.  Much easier to find scans now.  After you set up new albums, you can go through your original album and use the "Move" function to redistribute your scans.  Takes a while, of course, but worth the trouble, imo.

That's the way mine are. Doesn't much matter any more though as Photophuckit won't let me post them anymore...

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:
39 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

That's the way mine are. Doesn't much matter any more though as Photophuckit won't let me post them anymore...

As I posted in another thread, it's kind of strange that they didn't grandfather you in -- as they did me -- until December 31 before making you pay the $399. I'm hoping they'll have a change of heart by then and will significantly reduce the charge.  Yeah, I'm a crazy optimist! :)

44 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

That would be an absolute disaster! Even renaming Albums let alone moving pictures from Album to Album breaks the links to wherever I've previously posted the pictures.

:whatthe:

15 minutes ago, Hepcat said:
1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

That would be an absolute disaster! Even renaming Albums let alone moving pictures from Album to Album breaks the links to wherever I've previously posted the pictures.

:whatthe:

It would also be very tough for you to do, what with those little fuzzy thumbless paws of yours.