• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost a comic or losing my mind.

4 posts in this topic

I'm on the phone with a friend today, when the mail arrives,including a comic package for me. I proceed to sort the through the mail, and eventually open the package as I chat on the phone. Now, I'm not the greatest multi-tasker, and I tend to pace around the house when I'm on the phone, straightening things up, putting things away, etc, sometimes only marginally aware of what I am doing.  I have a memory of getting the small scissors out cut the tape on the cardboard packing inside the larger package, but not really the comic itself, a GA book. I put everything on the coffee table, so I thought. I wrap up my call maybe 15 minutes later, and return to the coffee table. I find the packaging but no comic. I look all around the house, under things, in the recycling, and leaf through the various stacks of comics on my dresser and on top of boxes in the comic closet. I can't find it anywhere, and don't even remeber looking at the actual comic - though I think I know what it was. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

The only thing similar was a couple years ago, when I swore I had a GA book in a stack on my dresser, books to be sorted and put away. It wasn't there when I got around to doing so a month or so after getting it. I subsequently looked all around, and through any box I possibly could have misfiled it in, several times. I even checked any large hardbounds that were not packed away, just in case I placed in between pages for some reason. . I've moved since then, and it didn't show up in the packing process either. Possibly, I accidentally shipped it to someone in an order, but I'm not even sure I actually sold any comics during that time. 

I did. I just found it, sitting sideways between a carved wooden box and a post on the kitchen peninsula (which is somewhat cluttered). Why I absently thought that would be a good place to leave it, I have no idea.