• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crease. Detective Comics 400

3 posts in this topic

I just joined CGC and I am going to submit several comics. I will be submitted Detective Comics 400. I believe the comic is a 8.0 or better, but has a crease which starts 1-1/4 inch from the right side at the bottom and continues 7 1/2 inches to the right.

How does this effect the grading of the comic. Should I still send it in for grading?

Thanks, Steve

DSC01824.JPG

10 minutes ago, Steven Wojtowicz said:

I just joined CGC and I am going to submit several comics. I will be submitted Detective Comics 400. I believe the comic is a 8.0 or better, but has a crease which starts 1-1/4 inch from the right side at the bottom and continues 7 1/2 inches to the right.

How does this effect the grading of the comic. Should I still send it in for grading?

Thanks, Steve

DSC01824.JPG

Welcome to the boards!!!  Since I can't see the entire book I can't give a very accurate estimation of grade but I can say for certain you won't get an 8.0 with a crease that large.  That would probably come back a 6.0 if the rest of the book is in excellent shape!

14 hours ago, comicquant said:

Welcome to the boards!!!  Since I can't see the entire book I can't give a very accurate estimation of grade but I can say for certain you won't get an 8.0 with a crease that large.  That would probably come back a 6.0 if the rest of the book is in excellent shape!

Welcome to the bords. Agreed. This type of crease will garner no higher than a 6.0 assuming the rest of the book looks good. Maybe a 6.5.