• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Captain Britain #8 [UK Weekly]

7 posts in this topic

Once again, I ask your opinions. This one might be a bit of a curve ball, as it is a British weekly magazine from the 1970s. Apparently, issue 8 is a major key issue as it contains the very first appearance of Betsy Braddock...a.k.a. Psylocke. The story is a Chris Claremont, Herb Trimpe & Fred Kida creation. Yeah..someone on Amazon is actually asking $499 for this. Wtf???

Anyway, here is my copy. I would really appreciate your thoughts as this will be leaving my collections as soon as possible...

Front Cover...

CptBrit_FC.thumb.jpg.b2e0a7be62bf22b0c3265d6ecedd5d6e.jpg

Back Cover, with print offset to right edge...

CptBrit_BC.thumb.jpg.a4da02191197395532a024b1372a0cb6.jpg

CaptBrit_PrintOffset.thumb.jpg.7c52b8525161b5bff7fdea39e7f25a01.jpg

CaptBrit_BC_Tear.thumb.jpg.26b8100a517d4e93040420902fe94b4b.jpg

Front cover damage...

CptBrit_FC_Damage_BottomLeft.thumb.jpg.05673dc212812b97e00333cde40935f3.jpg

CptBrit_FC_Damage_TopRight.thumb.jpg.87bf19506c1f7460b55261a857e1bf63.jpg

Psylocke Spread...

CaptBrit_Psylocke_Spread.thumb.jpg.a3b4e42b44bf72bebf62ea7ae91dad0c.jpg

Thank you in advance.

It is definitely a rare in high grade book... I would love to have one eventually. What I mean is Congrats on the book ?I'm on my phone I'll try to analyze, I'd say 5.0. That's a great book to have

7 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It is definitely a rare in high grade book... I would love to have one eventually. What I mean is Congrats on the book ?I'm on my phone I'll try to analyze, I'd say 5.0. That's a great book to have

Thanks! I know what you mean...being printed on a kind of newspaper, the covers suffer more so than those printed on glossy stock. They were especially prone to print offset in white areas. I'm pretty sure those marks on the back cover have always been there since new. Captain Britain eventually went to glossy covers before merging with the Spiderman weekly. I can't find my issue #1 anywhere and I definitely had it.

7 hours ago, FromTheSkyDown said:

Thanks! I know what you mean...being printed on a kind of newspaper, the covers suffer more so than those printed on glossy stock. They were especially prone to print offset in white areas. I'm pretty sure those marks on the back cover have always been there since new. Captain Britain eventually went to glossy covers before merging with the Spiderman weekly. I can't find my issue #1 anywhere and I definitely had it.

you might get a 6.0 to 6.5 if you had it pressed just to have it cleaned. I would suggest @joeypost most of that is just dirt imo. Joeypost I tagged you so if the OP wanted to contact you he'd know who/how :)