• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No love for the CLINK June Focused Auction?
1 1

44 posts in this topic

Just picked this up in the auction. Thought the price was good considering a 4.5 went for $387 last month and I paid less than a third...

Plus only 3 on census, and last issue in run, and it's just a crazy awesome cover. I watched a few books pass by, looks like the few hours books went for full market, while the rest (and there weren't many interesting books in this auction) went for discounts.

The Super-mystery seemed to enjoy drafting off the Berks heat from last week.

QH4WcjU.jpg

25 minutes ago, rjpb said:

I was outbid on everything I bid on, though sometimes by only one bid, so I didn't see stuff going all that cheap, though still very fair prices IMHO.  

People still got money??! Dang, I'm jealous..?

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

Jon Berk effect or the books offered? 

Probably a combination of both as their GA selection was rather weak on this go round, especially in relationship to the Berk Auction which we were all so spoiled with, in terms of the beautiful and truly HTF once in a lifetime books that were available. 

1 hour ago, miraclemet said:

Just picked this up in the auction. Thought the price was good considering a 4.5 went for $387 last month and I paid less than a third...

Plus only 3 on census, and last issue in run, and it's just a crazy awesome cover. I watched a few books pass by, looks like the few hours books went for full market, while the rest (and there weren't many interesting books in this auction) went for discounts.

The Super-mystery seemed to enjoy drafting off the Berks heat from last week.

QH4WcjU.jpg

Cool book...looks suspiciously like Crimes by Women #3 which came out 6 months later?...slightly less sexy but bloodier for sure.

Edited by szavisca
because

3 hours ago, sacentaur said:
3 hours ago, AllStar-Comics said:

112.jpg

Why does CGC list this as the "Last issue"? (edit: that's the wrong label for

.....the steal of the auction IMHO............GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

5 hours ago, szavisca said:

Cool book...looks suspiciously like Crimes by Women #3 which came out 6 months later?...slightly less sexy but bloodier for sure.

Thought the same thing, so now I'm on the hunt for the Gga version of this scene!

also grabbed the Superman 14 Its amateur resto but even for a entry level copy it seemed to have nice eye appeal for the price  That was the most books I've grabbed in one comiclink auction so maybe nobody card much after the exuberance of the Jon Berk collection

16 hours ago, rjpb said:

I was outbid on everything I bid on, though sometimes by only one bid, so I didn't see stuff going all that cheap, though still very fair prices IMHO.  

same.  The All-Flash #32 3.0 went for $850 despite a 7.0 selling for $750 a month ago.  The World's Finest #3 3.0 went for $1,855 which was strong.  I didn't see anything cheap, at least with the books I was tracking.

On 6/24/2017 at 1:01 PM, atomised said:

The World's Finest #3 3.0 went for $1,855 which was strong.

Now, that's most definitely an understatement as a check of the Heritage archives indicates that's more than they were ever able to get for a copy of World's Finest #3. 

In fact, all of the copies they have had all sold for substantial and huge discounts to guide.  Of course, it looks like all of those sales were from 10+years ago.  The last couple of sales since 2014 did a bit better in terms of selling for over guide, but nothing like this $1,855 figure here.  (thumbsu

Must be an outlier of a sale or there's something happening with the early World's Finest market which I am clearly not aware of.  (shrug)