• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No love for the CLINK June Focused Auction?
1 1

44 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Now, that's most definitely an understatement as a check of the Heritage archives indicates that's more than they were ever able to get for a copy of World's Finest #3. 

In fact, all of the copies they have had all sold for substantial and huge discounts to guide.  Of course, it looks like all of those sales were from 10+years ago.  The last couple of sales since 2014 did a bit better in terms of selling for over guide, but nothing like this $1,855 figure here.  (thumbsu

Must be an outlier of a sale or there's something happening with the early World's Finest market which I am clearly not aware of.  (shrug)

it's the first Scarecrow appearance, and usually sells for a decent price, though not that much. Could be the effect of Detective #73, the only Scarecrow cover, and second appearance, having become a pricey book recently, with a FR copy selling for nearly a grand on ebay in May.

11 minutes ago, rjpb said:

it's the first Scarecrow appearance, and usually sells for a decent price, though not that much. Could be the effect of Detective #73, the only Scarecrow cover, and second appearance, having become a pricey book recently, with a FR copy selling for nearly a grand on ebay in May.

Darn, I guess that makes a lot more sense than the stone cold dead early WF's books finally catching some heat and getting a breath of life back in them.  :frown:

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Now, that's most definitely an understatement as a check of the Heritage archives indicates that's more than they were ever able to get for a copy of World's Finest #3. 

In fact, all of the copies they have had all sold for substantial and huge discounts to guide.  Of course, it looks like all of those sales were from 10+years ago.  The last couple of sales since 2014 did a bit better in terms of selling for over guide, but nothing like this $1,855 figure here.  (thumbsu

Must be an outlier of a sale or there's something happening with the early World's Finest market which I am clearly not aware of.  (shrug)

Scarecrow is discussed as playing a role in season 4 of Gotham and also potentially being a key villain again in the new Batman films coming down the pike.

Edited by atomised

11 hours ago, lou_fine said:

WF3, first scarecrow, has been selling strong for last 2 years...

I sold a cgc 4.0 for $2995 and a cgc 6.0 for $4500 recently...

I was the underbidder on the 3.0, figured it was a $2200 type retail book right now

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

WF3, first scarecrow, has been selling strong for last 2 years...

I sold a cgc 4.0 for $2995 and a cgc 6.0 for $4500 recently...

I was the underbidder on the 3.0, figured it was a $2200 type retail book right now

I guess there's no such passionate love for the rest of the first 10 issues after WF 3?  :D

Does the Hitler, Mussolini, and Tojo cover do anything at all for WF 9 since the CC Jon Berk auction indicated a lot of love for the Hitler covers?  :wishluck:

Edited by lou_fine

35 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I guess there's no such passionate love for the rest of the first 10 issues after WF 3?  :D

Does the Hitler, Mussolini, and Tojo cover do anything at all for WF 9 since the CC Jon Berk auction indicated a lot of love for the Hitler covers?  :wishluck:

don't recall anyone ever asking me for a copy...

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

I don't think this one is a particularly difficult issue to find in the Hitler cover run.

37 minutes ago, walclark said:
1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

I don't think this one is a particularly difficult issue to find in the Hitler cover run.

One of my favs, though.

cgcwf9_zpspdnt0wdy.jpg

4 minutes ago, bluechip said:
1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

One of my favs, though.

cgcwf9_zpspdnt0wdy.jpg

The only book with both the entire Axis and the top golden age DC heroes.  

Are you guys trying to create an artificial demand for this Hitler cover where there is in actual fact, no real demand for these comical World's Finest covers.  (thumbsu  lol

Edited by lou_fine

Just now, lou_fine said:

Are you guys trying to create an artificial demand for this Hitler cover where there is in actual fact, no real demand for these World's Finest books.  (thumbsu  lol

Count me among the fans of the WF goofy covers.   Some are pure Americana depicting a time long gone.   And it's the only time I can recall that superheroes were depicted this way.   (Archie comics, yeah, but not superheroes).   If these types of covers were being done today you'd see Batman and Superman and Robin texting emojis and playing with spin fidgets.

1 hour ago, bluechip said:
2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

One of my favs, though.

cgcwf9_zpspdnt0wdy.jpg

The only book with both the entire Axis and the top golden age DC heroes.  

It is also the first time in comics history where the cover of the 9th issue of a continuous running square bound title depicted baseballs making contact with each of the cover villains simultaneously.

22 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

It is also the first time in comics history where the cover of the 9th issue of a continuous running square bound title depicted baseballs making contact with each of the cover villains simultaneously.

Not sure you're correct.   The ricochet of Batman's ball would indicate contact a nanosecond later than the others (although I suppose Superman could have thrown his harder).   Better make sure Overstreet gives it an asterisk.

Edited by bluechip

14 minutes ago, bluechip said:

Not sure you're correct.   The ricochet of Batman's ball would indicate contact a nanosecond later than the others (although I suppose Superman could have thrown his harder).   Better make sure Overstreet gives it an asterisk.

Looks like Batman hit him in the jaw which could cause a lesser amount of ricochet compared to a hit off the skull like the others (:

Still needs an asterisk.

-bc

42 minutes ago, bluechip said:

doh! Everyone knows that Batman has complete mastery of his balls and can make them slap the face of a bad guy slowly or quickly, but in perfect choreography with the ball slapping of his muscular companion and obediant sidekick.

11 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

doh! Everyone knows that Batman has complete mastery of his balls and can make them slap the face of a bad guy slowly or quickly, but in perfect choreography with the ball slapping of his muscular companion and obediant sidekick.

Oh no he didn't :insane: