• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

File Copies In General

27 posts in this topic

I9J8eIl.jpg

..... some folks absolutely will not accept a book with a stamp on the cover.... but I kind of like the provenance aspect.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

7 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

I9J8eIl.jpg

..... some folks absolutely will not accept a book with a stamp on the cover.... but I kind of like the provenance aspect.... GOD BLESS...

Me, too.  It's one of the things that attracts me to ped copies. 

11 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

The real question is:  Who knows what absolute worthless garbage these offices would hold if they kept multiple copies of every single book they ever published?  :gossip:

After all, for every single hot book such as NM 98, BA 12, or WD 1, these guys are printing tens of thousand of other books which has absolutely no collectible value at all and not even worth the paper it's printed on.  They would have to spend a fortune to store all of these books and then to have somebody come in to haul them all away to the landfill or recycling plant.  :tonofbricks:

I believe these companies are here to print and sell comic books, as opposed to trying to speculate on them because they know a lot better than to try to play that fool's game with new books that's available in mass quantities.  hm

Woahhh...can't a guy just start a crackpot conspiracy theory without getting taken too seriously around here?...That being said would such speculation really be that unrealistic.  Your 1000 copies of 9.8 NM 98s would get you 600-700k alone.  How many 9.9s would they get out of that batch? Pretty sure these companies have massive warehouse space already, how much would adding a bit more really add to their cost?  Let's say it takes an army of 30 people to store, manage, submit to CGC , send to auction, ship, finance etc etc...that you're paying an average of 50k a year...so in 30 years your payroll is 45 million?  What's your warehouse cost?

Sure you have a lotta garbage but lets add 1000 9.8 copies of ASM 300....x-men 266....lets add 1000 of every damn x-men after 200 in 9.8 condition? I think you can get to 45 million easy... when adding in all that other Marvel titles that have good value at 9.8.

I mean, a company like Harvey had massive overstock that they, or someone else bought, and kept....why is it so hard to believe that marvel or DC could do that. They'd almost be dumb not to be doing it.  At any rate, this is probably a topic better left for the CGC 'conspiracy' forum which someone needs to start...I really didn't mean for this thread to turn in to that.  I genuinely just want to learn about the history of file copies and how they were released to the public.

Check out Comic Zone radio...... hosted by Vincent Zurzolo..... specifically the Jay Maybruck interview..... and your eyes will be opened. GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

Check out Comic Zone radio...... hosted by Vincent Zurzolo..... specifically the Jay Maybruck interview..... and your eyes will be opened. GOD BLESS...

Thanks for that!  Found a link to it and listened to the first hour while I was at gym.  Pretty interesting so far.

5 hours ago, szavisca said:

Woahhh...can't a guy just start a crackpot conspiracy theory without getting taken too seriously around here?...That being said would such speculation really be that unrealistic.  Your 1000 copies of 9.8 NM 98s would get you 600-700k alone.  How many 9.9s would they get out of that batch? Pretty sure these companies have massive warehouse space already, how much would adding a bit more really add to their cost?  Let's say it takes an army of 30 people to store, manage, submit to CGC , send to auction, ship, finance etc etc...that you're paying an average of 50k a year...so in 30 years your payroll is 45 million?  What's your warehouse cost?

Sure you have a lotta garbage but lets add 1000 9.8 copies of ASM 300....x-men 266....lets add 1000 of every damn x-men after 200 in 9.8 condition? I think you can get to 45 million easy... when adding in all that other Marvel titles that have good value at 9.8.

I mean, a company like Harvey had massive overstock that they, or someone else bought, and kept....why is it so hard to believe that marvel or DC could do that. They'd almost be dumb not to be doing it.  At any rate, this is probably a topic better left for the CGC 'conspiracy' forum which someone needs to start...I really didn't mean for this thread to turn in to that.  I genuinely just want to learn about the history of file copies and how they were released to the public.

Well, I won't take you too seriously if you don't want. :)

But you can't use existing market price of books in this comparison. You'd have to guess at the price if everyone knew there were 1,000 ultra-high grade copies out there waiting to come onto the market. Hint: it would be less.

16 minutes ago, AJD said:

Well, I won't take you too seriously if you don't want. :)

But you can't use existing market price of books in this comparison. You'd have to guess at the price if everyone knew there were 1,000 ultra-high grade copies out there waiting to come onto the market. Hint: it would be less.

Well I'm sure they'd slow release them, not all in one batch, and not make it public knowledge....for all you know they've already done it.  This is a conspiracy theory after all.    At any rate, if anyone wants to loan me 50 million dollars I'll buy 1000 of everything Marvel makes and let you know in 30 years how it worked out... Till then lets keep this thread as fact based as we can.. (yeah I know, I derailed my own thread...sometimes its fun).