• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating DavidtheDavid
1 1

318 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Pudding Pops....people can slip you something in the pudding cups too easily. (tsk)

First you take the pudding, then you open the pudding, then you take the quaalude, then you take the pill and you put it in the pudding, then you give the pudding to the pretty girl, then you forget about the pudding....

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
22 hours ago, Red84 said:

Is this in reference to something I've said or someone else?  If it's based on something I've said then please let me know so I can double down.

Veiled attacks that don't allow for rebuttal are pretty cowardly, or as the kids say, weak sauce.  Just saying.

You ought not be concerned; that was neither an attack, nor was it veiled for you, but rather, in acknowledgment of the far, far stricter conditions under which I am allowed to remain here. 

Therefore, I am very careful about what I say, so as not to be found, in any manner, in violation of any rules, in any conceivable way. Personally, I'm all for free and open dialogue, but that's not how the board operates, and if I wish to remain here, I must exercise extraordinary care, far beyond that of "regular posters", to not give anyone the slightest excuse for my removal.

But you're welcome to PM me about it if you'd like.

All good. (thumbsu

35 minutes ago, bababooey said:

lol Joined June 8th.....  hm  
That discussion was stupid 5 years ago, it doesn't belong here.
63614673898741264960280173_barney.gif

Why was it stupid?

40 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Why was it stupid?

I think I have some comments in the links posted but you have to read them in context with the poll from April that I created & referred to in my post while also keeping in mind that this occurred 4 years ago & what I referenced 5 years ago as stupid was likely the first go-around on this 'selling to PL members' topic when someone lobbied for HOS for the same guy when he dared to post publicly that he'd sell to PL/HOS on a case by case basis.  

I don't agree with every PL/HOS decision that has been made, I wouldn't personally deal with someone who legitimately owed someone else money until they cleared that up...HOWEVER to bring it back on topic - this thread is probably a good example where two people who appear to be well-liked, upstanding citizens don't see eye to eye, don't get along and likely never will agree to settle this matter to both parties satisfaction.  We've had those PL nominations before, we've had popular guy railroading a n00b onto the list before....there are many shades of grey when it comes to the people on these lists, just as there are quite a few who escaped being added to any list.

It's likely there is no PL nomination that will be forthcoming from this however I quite honestly don't know if I would choose to not do business with either party IF one of these guys ended up on the PL as a result of this dispute.  I will assume that only happens if PayPal rules and someone does something further that can't be proven OR the PayPal resolution comes back and is unsatisfactory to the case winner & this thread gets bumped for further damages.  If that happens, where do you stand on this issue?

Rather than comment on my quips in this thread or even bother responding to this -  go back to my dispute resolution proposal a few pages back and tell me why it wouldn't work & why it isn't the only fair way to resolve this.

On the topic of the ongoing reputation of these two Boardies................

I have a gut feeling that if the seller was immediately notified of damage to the book, upon initial receipt by the buyer, the seller would have accepted a return. Personally, I would have no problem with buying from this seller.

On the flip side, I don't know. I asked this before, when is a deal considered complete? The buyer not only praised the book but left kudos. As a seller this would indicate closure to me.

I keep putting myself in the position of each, trying to understand the emotions. I'm sorry if this offends some, but I'm on the seller's side here.

22 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

On the topic of the ongoing reputation of these two Boardies................

I have a gut feeling that if the seller was immediately notified of damage to the book, upon initial receipt by the buyer, the seller would have accepted a return. Personally, I would have no problem with buying from this seller.

On the flip side, I don't know. I asked this before, when is a deal considered complete? The buyer not only praised the book but left kudos. As a seller this would indicate closure to me.

I keep putting myself in the position of each, trying to understand the emotions. I'm sorry if this offends some, but I'm on the seller's side here.

I would agree with your conclusion had the seller not then agreed to a return. In my opinion that act that the seller took extended the transaction. Of course we will never know if the seller would have indeed accepted the return with no issues if it was immediately noticed. The one thing I keep going back to is the seller accusing the buyer of fraud (or whatever you want to call it) which really escalated this to a new level of dispute. It seemed to be relatively civil until that happened. But I still think both parties are at fault and they should strive to somehow "split" the loss. 

Edited by wombat