• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970s Marvel Stickers Dracula Frankenstein??

12 posts in this topic

I have no idea exactly when I picked up these stickers. My guess was several years ago and probably on Ebay. There are a few different each of Dracula and Frankenstein. Looks like Gene Colan and possibly Mike Ploog? Stickers are made by FPI Leeds and has a phone number printed on them too.  They measure about 3" on average. I wonder if these were offered in the small plastic capsules in gumball machines. I've seen some other stickers by FPI Leeds, but I can't find anything about these. Besides one of the Frankenstein stickers, I have like 4-10 extra of each of the others. I always buy stuff in lots if I can find them, especially cool vintage items. Anyone know anything about them? Value? Thanks.

Forgot to mention there seems to be color variations on some of the Dracula stickers.

100_5394.JPG

100_5395.JPG

Edited by Philflound
Forgot to add pictures.

I guess no one has any info or opinion on my stickers. I considered putting together a set of what I have (without variations) and minus the Frankenstein in the middle bottom since I don't have a duplicate of that one. I wasn't sure what to sell them for, or possibly put a starting bid at. Not all stickers are cut perfectly though.

1 hour ago, Philflound said:

I guess no one has any info or opinion on my stickers. I considered putting together a set of what I have (without variations) and minus the Frankenstein in the middle bottom since I don't have a duplicate of that one. I wasn't sure what to sell them for, or possibly put a starting bid at. Not all stickers are cut perfectly though.

I have no actual info, but my gut reaction looking at them is that, although they're clearly using the Marvel versions of the characters, is that they're not authorized. Is there actually a marvel (or other related) copyright on them anywhere?

And no guess on price, but these are not something I would actually want for myself- even if I find the post fascinating now that I've noticed it!

11 hours ago, OtherEric said:

12 hours ago, Philflound said:

I have no actual info, but my gut reaction looking at them is that, although they're clearly using the Marvel versions of the characters, is that they're not authorized. Is there actually a marvel (or other related) copyright on them anywhere?

And no guess on price, but these are not something I would actually want for myself- even if I find the post fascinating now that I've noticed it!

Those are my thoughts exactly. They don't look like they were licensed from Marvel.

Looking at these again, I suspect the shapes were taken from other stickers, as well... the Frankenstein one on the upper right in particular looks like the shape was originally somebody wearing a cowboy hat.

Such a long time ago, but I'm sure the ice cream van used to give some of these away in the 70's.

We used to have an ice lolly called Dracula, it was black, with red jelly ice slush in the middle, was very nice.