• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sending back slabs to get pressed and re-graded

3 posts in this topic

On 6/24/2017 at 4:43 PM, NCAmother said:

I want to send a couple of CGC slabbed books to CCS for a press and re-grade.  Is it better to leave the book in the slab so they can read the grader notes?  Thanks,

Nate

I don't think it matters other than that the slab provides some protection for the book while it's in the mail.  I don't think the people at CCS look at the grader's notes.  They press the book and forward it to CGC for grading.  The graders don't know the previous grade, nor do they look at the original notes.

50 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I don't think it matters other than that the slab provides some protection for the book while it's in the mail.  I don't think the people at CCS look at the grader's notes.  They press the book and forward it to CGC for grading.  The graders don't know the previous grade, nor do they look at the original notes.

Thanks Sqeggs :)