• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some GA Help

20 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, manetteska said:

Found some GA but a little out of my element. Especially for the comics without any eBay history. Appreciate help on if the price is decent, specific defects to look for, other books, etc. 

IMG_2347.JPG

IMG_2348.JPG

IMG_2349.JPG

IMG_2351.JPG

IMG_2352.JPG

IMG_2353.JPG

IMG_2354.JPG

IMG_2355.JPG

I would take that Space Detective all day for that price from what I see.  

2 hours ago, rjpb said:

They look reasonably priced given the conditions - as far as can be told from the photos. barring any unseen problems, the Crypt 28 and Is this Tomorrow are a bargain. 

For the different versions of Tomorrow, which is the rarest?

It may not be healthy for them but it's fun to see old comics in poly or regular plastic bags complete with those wrinkles the plastic forms.

Mylar is like plastic surgery with its artificial shine. 

3 hours ago, manetteska said:

Thanks; will be going back for the Detectives and a Funnies at least. Already picked up a couple no-brainers. 

Anything to look for when it comes to Romance issues?

I'd buy them all if they're in decent shape.

Romance?  Cover subject matter and cover artist for starters

17 minutes ago, manetteska said:

There are actually five different versions. I don't know which is the rarest, but I think the blank circle is the most common. Prices tend to be all over the place on these, as in total it's a fairly common book, but the red 10¢ in the yellow circle seems to have done well at auction in the past. 

10 hours ago, rjpb said:
11 hours ago, manetteska said:

There are actually five different versions. I don't know which is the rarest, but I think the blank circle is the most common. Prices tend to be all over the place on these, as in total it's a fairly common book, but the red 10¢ in the yellow circle seems to have done well at auction in the past. 

Almost impossible to find, but the Canadian, French Canadian, and Australian versions are probably the most avidly sought after by fans of anti-Commie books.

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

Almost impossible to find, but the Canadian, French Canadian, and Australian versions are probably the most avidly sought after by fans of anti-Commie books.

Aren't there two version of the English language Canadian version, one that mentions Canada on the cover and one that doesn't?

Just now, rjpb said:

Aren't there two version of the English language Canadian version, one that mentions Canada on the cover and one that doesn't?

Yep, I think that's right.  Unlike the U.S. version, which seems to have been a hit, my impression is that that the foreign versions may have limited, if any, circulation. 

2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Yep, I think that's right.  Unlike the U.S. version, which seems to have been a hit, my impression is that that the foreign versions may have limited, if any, circulation. 

There is also that the combined population of Canada and Australia at the time was about 15% of that of the U.S. 

Thanks, everyone, for the help. Below are what I picked up. Unfortunately, once I opened up a few of the comics -- including the Space Detective and a Famous Funnies 210 -- had bad water damage or other conditions that I couldn't pull the trigger on. 

Bought some horror, odd romance -- including at least one Baker -- and a replacement Frazetta.

IMG_2358.JPG

IMG_2359.JPG

IMG_2361.JPG

IMG_2362.JPG

IMG_2364.JPG

IMG_2365.JPG

IMG_2367.JPG

IMG_2369.JPG

IMG_2370.JPG

IMG_2372.JPG

IMG_2373.JPG

12 minutes ago, rjpb said:

Excellent taste!

My first real venture into GA. These boards are a big help. Some decent finds but the sleeves do hide the defects well. ;)

I think the Frankenstein is my favorite. Didn't know about that title until this site.