• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fraud...... The ole switch a roo..

5 posts in this topic

I am trying to find out cgcs position on regrading comic books that appear to have been tampered with...the case seperating/cracked and the book moves around freely in its holder...  I was of the opinion that this book would not be able to be resleeved and retain its current grade... due to the possibility that it may have been switched... 

Please help.

I'm sure they wouldn't if they were able to definitively prove the case had been tampered with.  I know some books sent in to be reholdered have come back a different grade so maybe that is the solution.  They will regrade if the case appears damaged.  This is probably a question best answered by cgc. 

If you send a book in for a reholder, it'll get regraded in the following scenarios:

1) multiple corner posts have been broken (if 2 are cracked, the book can be slid out of the case)
2) the case is cracked in a way where, again, the book could have been swapped out
3) a cursory inspection of the book shows defects that just wouldn't be allowed in the grade it had previously (eg. you send in a blue label 9.6 book where a piece is now torn off)

On 6/24/2017 at 8:38 PM, chads1469 said:

I am trying to find out cgcs position on regrading comic books that appear to have been tampered with...the case seperating/cracked and the book moves around freely in its holder...  I was of the opinion that this book would not be able to be resleeved and retain its current grade... due to the possibility that it may have been switched... 

Please help.

Pictures would help; the old case could be seperated a bit and not break the case....