• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Amazing Spider-Man coverless lot: #1, 4, 7, 10, 11, 13, 17 , 28, ANN 1, 2, + Extras! - REDUCED

13 posts in this topic

Up for sale tonight: a lot of coverless Ditko issues of Amazing Spider-Man, including #1 ( :whatthe: ), and both of the Ditko annuals (1 & 2).

============================================================

TERMS:

• :takeit: in the thread rules.

• PayPal ONLY for this sale.

• No HOS'ers/probies/etc.

• Payment is due within 3 days of closing the deal unless we have made other arrangements.

DOMESTIC US SHIPPING (w/extremely secure packaging):

FREE in the US at the BIN price for the lot.  

• This lot will be double-boxed, fully-insured, and will ship via USPS PRIORITY MAIL EXPRESS w/SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION.   

• I am sometimes able to ship the same day that payment is received, but usually no later than one day after payment is received.

***IMPORTANT NOTE -- US shipping only, very sorry!***

RETURNS:  

• Shouldn't be necessary, but…I'm reasonable -- if there's a problem of any kind, please PM and we'll sort it out.

Need larger scans? Detail pics? Interior pics? More info? Please feel free to PM me.

Finally, my feedback thread is located here (under my old username, but it's still me):

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/198709-mikeyriffhards-feedback-thread/

============================================================

Thanks for looking! The lot w/individual scans will be up soon...

Edited by jools&jim

Amazing Spider-Man Coverless Lot:  

I started to put this run together, very slowly, after selling off ALL of my early SA Marvels (including a complete SA Spidey run + AF 15) to cover the last of my kid's elementary/middle-school tuition costs.

The idea at the time was that I could re-build some of what I had, on the cheap (relatively speaking), by seeking out coverless copies.  But I eventually lost momentum, and my priorities also changed, especially with college tuition looming now, and my latest recording sessions running way over time AND budget.

So…off they go to a new home!

The #1 is 100% complete -- nothing missing (other than the cover!), nothing clipped. 

A few of the others are missing a single ad/non-story page, and in one case something small has been clipped from a non-story page.  Please see the individual descriptions below for details.

$1400

:news:   NOW...$1275 shipped and insured for the lot, which will ship via fully-insured, double-boxed Priority Mail Express w/Signature Confirmation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Amazing Spider-Man #1: COMPLETE. Note the pen marks in the title logo on the splash page.

ASM1a_zpsg34vchzi.jpg

ASM1b_zpslxc1zuvt.jpg

ASM1c_zpsfzjcey2b.jpg

• Amazing Spider-Man #4COMPLETE.  First Sandman.

ASM4_zpsjuxz4s7y.jpg

• Amazing Spider-Man #7COMPLETE.  Note the number "7" written in ink on the splash page in the upper margin.  Also comes with a repro cover (not attached).

ASM7a_zps0nrw0pw3.jpg

ASM7b_zpsqrcdgubb.jpg

• Amazing Spider-Man #10COMPLETE.  Note the number "10" written in ink on the splash page in the upper margin.  Also comes with a repro cover (not attached).

ASM10a_zpsgcx9il3q.jpg

ASM10b_zpsoxxx8mj3.jpg

• Amazing Spider-Man #11.  Extensive water damage throughout. Name written in ink in the lower margin of the splash page.  Includes the original (and utterly destroyed) front and back covers.  The paper itself is better than you might think, and the story is completely readable (NOTE: a very small panel is clipped from the letter column).

ASM11_zpsnp7alyy1.jpg

• Amazing Spider-Man #13.  First Mysterio.  VERY sharp coverless copy with superb paper quality. One ad page is missing, but it doesn't effect the story, which is complete and readable.

ASM13_zpsmdoo2paz.jpg

• Amazing Spider-Man #17 (2 copies): COPY A - the final (non-story) page is missing; COPY B - 100% COMPLETE, and includes its original back cover.

ASM17-copyA_zpskpozoubs.jpg

ASM17-copyB_zps1qdjhrxp.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #28. COMPLETE.  First Molten Man.

ASM28_zpsvvaehnop.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1 (1964). COMPLETE. Classic super-villain team-up story. Includes its original back cover.

ASM-ANN1_zps7reta0us.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man Annual #2 (1965)COMPLETE.  Ditko Spidey meets Ditko Dr. Strange.  Note the number "#2" written in ink on the splash page in the upper margin.

ASM-ANN2_zpsa7tikxfg.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by jools&jim

Hey, thanks all -- I've had some offers, but everything is still available at the BIN.  I might also be adding another book or two to the lot later tonight to sweeten the deal a bit...

Okay...how 'bout three more early coverless Spidey/Ditko-related books added to the lot at no extra charge? 

• Amazing Spider-Man #51COMPLETE.  2nd Kingpin.

ASM51_zpsb4vk1vyw.jpg

• Strange Tales Annual #2 (1963). COMPLETE (original back cover is included and is still partially attached). 

Human Torch vs. Spidey story by Kirby/Ditko -- first Spidey crossover, and his 4th appearance overall.

STAnn2_zpsslowkys5.jpg

Incredible Hulk #6.  Last page missing; story & centerfold are complete. 

All Ditko issue, in keeping with at least one element of the theme of this thread, and the final issue of ol' Greenskin's original run.

Hulk6_zpsm7pjcndj.jpg

Edited by jools&jim

TUESDAY UPDATE, 6/27:

The lot price has been reduced to $1275 shipped and insured (US only) for all the books pictured and listed in this thread...

...which is probably in the ballpark of what the ASM #1 all by itself will cost you in a year or two (or less), what with a new teenage/high-school-themed Spidey moving picture franchise rolling out...one that all the kids are sure to be raving about! :grin:

Edited by jools&jim

1 hour ago, maraxusofkeld said:

Just a suggestion, but mentioning what issues are missing pages may help with the sale. It matters if #1 is missing a page, compared to #51.

Thanks...please see the 2nd post in this thread for descriptions of each book, located above the scan (same for the "bonus" books listed on Sunday).

If the book is complete with all interior pages and/or nothing clipped, it will say "COMPLETE"; if it doesn't say "COMPLETE", the missing element is noted. 

The #1 is in fact complete, as described.

Edited by jools&jim