• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spiderman 137

6 posts in this topic

I have a bronze age Spider-Man 137 in pretty good condition. the corners have some minor bends and the staple seems to be facing up a bit - not sure if that makes a difference, the pages are a little on the yellow side as well. Love to know what you guys think! 

IMG_1457.thumb.jpg.fd111359e297294d3d35737287faf40b.jpgIMG_1460.thumb.jpg.7860014583c92f5f2ab93f9c0b45adf2.jpgIMG_1459.thumb.jpg.b65458ff729de5ac10eb91d263d4860c.jpgIMG_1461.thumb.jpg.13cc2f8f55f14e98f5fb0404d0fd5dc4.jpg

16 hours ago, Nate mueller said:

Is that based mostly on the spine or the creases in the cover? Is there anything you think could be done to raise the grade at all? 

Yes, the spine.  It looks like a victim of spine roll that may have flattened itself out over time.  I'm not qualified to say if that could be fixed through having it pressed, but it probably wouldn't be worth the cost.

Edited by mysterymachine

20 hours ago, mysterymachine said:

Yes, the spine.  It looks like a victim of spine roll that may have flattened itself out over time.  I'm not qualified to say if that could be fixed through having it pressed, but it probably wouldn't be worth the cost.

ya, its not a super valuable book. Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.