• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don't lose your head thread!!!
2 2

74 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, AJD said:

A bit of a lame effort here from EC, but their decapitation images were always in "good taste", of course.

You literally just beat me to it...I was just snapping pics of that page out of my Cochran library set...I can't take a pic of the real deal, because my copy is entombed at the moment. Note that the CGC label references the "Decapitated head panel":

shockss3a_f.jpg

32 minutes ago, tricolorbrian said:

Does "about to lose your head" count?

16365199098_47301e348b_c.jpg

You're onto something there, tri...there's a decapitated head inside that there book...in the uber-classic story, "Foul Play." These boys are using the head as a baseball - the head is there in the middle panel:

DSC_0716.JPG

1 hour ago, bounty_coder said:
2 hours ago, Jayman said:

Astonishing%20%2029_zpswijwh8of.jpg

I love this cover;  whenever I see it I feel like he is moments away from using his head as a bowling ball and mowing down missy in red and the 2 stooges behind her :insane:

Maybe this guy can pick up the spare!

Mysterious%20Adventures%20%2015%20CGC%20

Edited by Jayman

2 hours ago, catman76 said:

This cover was taken from a panel in another comic. I just ran across it recently, but I can't remember what one it was.

Pep 32. Bentley of Scotland Yard splash page.

2 hours ago, Jayman said:

Maybe this guy can pick up the spare!

Mysterious%20Adventures%20%2015%20CGC%20

In addition to the wacky cover,this issue has a crazy story that ends with dinosaurs using human heads as bowling balls drawn by Doug Wildey. 

14 hours ago, AJD said:

A bit of a lame effort here from EC, but their decapitation images were always in "good taste", of course.

SSS_03_int2_zpsyatfxetl.jpg

I was going to send this one in! Shock suspenstories, right? I forgot which number.