• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED: GA/SA High Grade and Pedigrees
9 9

306 posts in this topic

Batman 75 interior

Batman75p1.jpg

Congo Bill 5 interior

CongoBill5p1.jpg

Book is no longer for sale.

MarvelTales104sm.jpg

MarvelTales104p1.jpg

MarvelTales104p2.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

***SOLD***

Beware Terror Tales 6 Crowley File Copy:  Sheldon Moldoff packaged the first horror comics for Bill Gaines and even had a signed contract with him to partner in producing more until Bill broke it and went his own way with the help of Al Feldstein.  Sheldon then made an arrangement to produce material for Fawcett which to led to their entry in the PCH market.  This cover is one of the best from Fawcett, highlighted by a "Mardi Gras" color scheme of purple, green and gold.  Census:  sole highest graded copy.  CGC 9.4 ow/w for $3000

BTT6crowley.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

3 minutes ago, Mr.Illmannered said:

I'll take BTT 6

Thanks!

***SOLD***

Smash 29 Church. Contains a cool Jack Cole "Midnight" story. Census:  Sole highest grade and practically flawless. Old Label CGC 9.6w $3000.

Smash29.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Star Spangled War Stories 44 Salida Copy:  This is a first for me in that I have never before offered a Salida for sale.  The books from that collection were stored sealed in a Colorado mountain cabin, producing the freshest 50s comics I have ever seen.  How fresh?  A friend of mine was fanatical about white pages, owning comics coming from the best pedigrees.  After seeing the Salidas he said, "There's white.  There's snow white.  And there's gut-wrenching Salida white."

I occasionally have guests visit to view my collection and talk comics and, in every case, they have been shocked by the colors, pages, gloss and fresh smell of these copies.  When I first saw them in the 90s I actually opened them to the indicia to make sure they weren't recent reprints. 

These books rarely come on the market as they are in the hands of "black hole" collectors who purchased them when they were first offered back in 1994. Salidas were all read by their owner prior to the sealing of the cabin so they generally have a little more wear than other pedigrees.  This copy is among the best structurally I've seen from the collection and has the mind-boggling colors and page.  Census:  1 in 9.4.  This NM white is $1800.

SSWS46salida.jpg

SSWS46salidabk.jpg

1 minute ago, goldenacase said:

I will take as per PM 

Thanks! Smash 29

17 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Star Spangled War Stories 44 Salida Copy:  This is a first for me in that I have never before offered a Salida for sale.  The books from that collection were stored sealed in a Colorado mountain cabin, producing the freshest 50s comics I have ever seen.  How fresh?  A friend of mine was fanatical about white pages, owning comics coming from the best pedigrees.  After seeing the Salidas he said, "There's white.  There's snow white.  And there's gut-wrenching Salida white."

I occasionally have guests visit to view my collection and talk comics and, in every case, they have been shocked by the colors, pages, gloss and fresh smell of these copies.  When I first saw them in the 90s I actually opened them to the indicia to make sure they weren't recent reprints. 

These books rarely come on the market as they are in the hands of "black hole" collectors who purchased them when they were first offered back in 1994. Salidas were all read by their owner prior to the sealing of the cabin so they generally have a little more wear than other pedigrees.  This copy is among the best structurally I've seen from the collection and has the mind-boggling colors and page.  Census:  1 in 9.4.  This NM white is $1800.

SSWS46salida.jpg

SSWS46salidabk.jpg

Would you be so kind as to show interior pages?  Now I'm DYING to see them.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, adamstrange said:

Marvel Tales 104:  Heath cover featuring an amply endowed female and a killer interior from two of my favorite artists:  Bill Everett and Basil Wolverton.  I don't think pre-code horror comics get much better than this.  The copy is not a pedigree but sure looks like one with glossy colors and sharp corners.  Census:  sole highest. De-slabbed CGC 9.4 for $6500.

The label will be shipped with the comic.

MarvelTales104sm.jpg

MarvelTales104p1.jpg

MarvelTales104p2.jpg

.....pound for pound, possibly the best issue of this Timely/Atlas flagship title..... as I recall, there is also a second damn fine robot story in this issue as well... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

19 minutes ago, Comcav said:

Would you be so kind as to show interior pages?  Now I'm DYING to see them.  Thanks!

It's harder for me to show them off as I'm taking a picture in ambient light as opposed to the front cover which is placed on a scanner under a uniform controlled light source.

SSWS46p1.jpg

7 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

It's harder for me to show them off as I'm taking a picture in ambient light as opposed to the front cover which is placed on a scanner under a uniform controlled light source.

SSWS46p1.jpg

oh, they look stunning none-the-less.  thank you for sharing.

27 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Never mind the amazing comics, this thread is worth watching just for the detailed wealth of knowledge accompanying every single listing!

Best of luck with the sales adamstrange, this thread is a  ^^

No lie, im getting educated about the hobby, please keep posting more books :foryou:

53 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

.....pound for pound, possibly the best issue of this Timely/Atlas flagship title..... as I recall, there is also a second damn fine robot story in this issue as well... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Concur Jim.  A favorite of my MT run.  One of Heaths finest covers.  Great thread.

Edited by Johnny545