• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED: GA/SA High Grade and Pedigrees
9 9

306 posts in this topic

First   :takeit: in the thread or PM gets the book.
No reserving or taking until after I post the scan and price of a comic.
Enticing offers will be accepted.  
An offer to the seller does not put a book on hold.  If someone else takes it at the stated price or makes a better offer before the first offer is accepted then the seller is free to accept the second offer.

Shipping
USA:  USPS Priority Mail insured $18 for one slabbed book and $10 for one raw book.  Save on shipping by purchasing more than one.
International:  I will estimate shipping based on USPS international rates.

Payment
Check or money order is okay but check must clear before shipping.
Paypal is okay for purchases of less than $3k.
Time payments will be considered.

Limitations
No Probies, Shamers or Bronies. Trekkers tolerated but mind the tribbles.

Returns are allowed on all books but notify me within 72 hours of receipt of your intent to return and ship books back within 1 week of receipt.  Buyer pays for return shipping and books must be in same condition as they were received.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by adamstrange

*** SOLD ***

Giant Comics Edition 15 'D'/Crippen Copy.  Some water stains are what brought this book down to a 5.0 but it still has an appealing front cover. Census:  Second highest behind one in 5.5 that does not have as nice a cover image.  Baker's ultimate sweater girl is very difficult to find in any condition and is yours for $2000.

GCE15.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Daring 9.  This very pretty copy has, for a Timely, unusually nice ow/w pages and the cover is one of the few to Nationalist Chinese in violent conflict with the Imperial Japan.  There is minimal surface wear and corners are sharp, the main defect being a small 5/16" split at the top of the spine.  Census: 1 in 8.5, 1 in 8.0 and two in 7.5 out of 11 total copies.  This is a de-slabbed CGC 7.5 for $2200. 

Label will be shipped along with comic.  Yellow line down the center of the book is a scanner defect.  Comic looks great.

Daring9.jpg

Daring9label.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

***SOLD***

Target v6 #6 Church copy.  This is nearly flawless with brilliant colors and pages representing the best of the Church collection.  There are no flaws of consequent to note and I've 9.8 I did not like as much as I like this one.  Census: sole highest graded copy. De-slabbed CGC Old Label 9.6 $1100.

Label will be shipped along with comic.  Yellow line down the center of the comic is due to the scanner. Comic is fine.

Target6v6label.jpg

Target6v6.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

*** SOLD ***

Tales to Astonish 6:  This is a very attractive copy of a 1959 prehero Marvel book.  CGC 8.5 for $1350
Census: 2 in 9.0 and 5 in 8.5.

TTA6.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Ridiculously tough book. :cloud9::applause:

14 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Tales to Astonish 6:  This is a very attractive copy of a 1959 prehero Marvel book.  CGC 8.5 for $1350

TTA6.jpg

1 hour ago, adamstrange said:

Giant Comics Edition 15 'D'/Crippen Copy.  Some water stains are what brought this book down to a 5.0 but it still has an appealing front cover. Census:  Second highest behind one in 5.5 that does not have as nice a cover image.  Baker's ultimate sweater girl is very difficult to find in any condition and is yours for $2000.

GCE15.jpg

:takeit: 

9 hours ago, Action252Kid said:

:takeit: 

^^

Edited by adamstrange

***SOLD***

Ideal #2.  Pages and covers this white for a WWII era Timely are really, really tough.  The Funny Animal group was a fairly talented set of artists and were pretty much left alone making the interiors a more interesting read than their standard superhero fare.  Census:  1 in 9.2 and 1 in 9.0.  De-slabbed CGC 9.0 for $350.

Label will be shipped with comic.

Ideal2.jpg

Ideal2label.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

This is no longer for sale.

Gaines COA will be shipped with the comic.

VaultofHorror363.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Tomb of Terror 7 Spokane.  Sole highest graded copy from the best horror pedigree with by far the brightest colors and pages I've seen for this issue.  CGC old label 9.0w for $3000.

TombTerror9.jpg

11 hours ago, adamstrange said:

An offer to the seller does not put a book on hold.  If someone else takes it at the stated price or makes a better offer before the first offer is accepted then the seller is free to accept the second offer.

There were a number of people PMing me with offers for the GCE and I had to look carefully at both the details of the messages and the exact time they were sent. 

Action252kid won the GCE 15 because he was the first person via the Board or via PM to Take It at the stated price without any conditions.

5 minutes ago, adamstrange said:
12 hours ago, adamstrange said:

There were a number of people PMing me with offers for the GCE and I had to look carefully at both the details of the messages and the exact time they were sent. 

Action252kid won the GCE 15 because he was the first person via the Board or via PM to Take It at the stated price without any conditions.

Seems the fairest way to handle it to me.

20 hours ago, adamstrange said:

*** SOLD ***

TTA6.jpg

Sold via PM

***SOLD***

Blue Bolt v2 #5:  For those that like their GA mixed with a little horror, this mid-war comic is just the trick.  3 copies graded in total: 9.0, 8.5, and 8.0.  Raw F/VF for $250. 

BlueBolt3_5.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

***SOLD***

Two-Fisted Tales 41 Gaines Copy.  This mature cover art from Jack Davis was colored by Marie Severin. Census:  2 in 9.8 and 6 in 9.6. Condition of this, like all the GFCs is spectacular and can be yours $650.

TwoFisted41.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

***SOLD***

Wonder Woman 81: Wonder Woman issues from the 50s are all pretty tough. The cover to this issue is quite distinctive for it's unsettling color design that is unlike almost any other 1950s DC.  It looks out of place as if it was printed before the advent of the Comics Code by one of the premier pre-code horror publishers.  Census:  tied for highest with one other copy.  Old label CGC 8.0 for $1100.

WW81crow.jpg

Edited by adamstrange