• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll: Help me choose a classic cover to have recreated
2 2

Which cover should I have recreated?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which cover should I have recreated?

• Action Comics #44
    • All Winners #4
    • All Winners #6
    • Batman #15
    • Fighting Yank #7
    • National Comics #26
    • Superman #14
    • Superman #17
    • USA Comics #7 (a bit busy)
    • WDCS v2 #10 (22)
    • Wonder Comics #6
    • Other

43 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

latest?cb=20080604155536

Another cover that I actually love as it gives that 3D appearance with the Manhunter just popping right out from the cover.  Also, always have been a fan of cover with the bold green and red colors.  :luhv:

Still remember picking this cover as one of my Top 5 GA covers of all time back in CBM's survey during the 90's.  Guess nobody else cared for this cover since I was the only person to have selected this cover.  Likewise, I was also the only person to have selected the covers for either 'Tec 31 or Punch 12 as one of my Top 5 at the time.  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

Amazing how collectors minds can changed over time as I believe both 'Tec 31 and Punch 12 finished in the Top 4 in Heritage's recent survey of their Top 40 Golden Age covers of all time.  hm

I love the Sups #14, too, not to mention several others. I voted for the National Comics. I have really gotten into WWII covers, war bond covers, and the like. Many of the war bonds or hero portraits (not in action scenes) are smiling heroes cajoling us to buy war bonds, but then you get  some like this where Uncle Sam is about to open crack some heads. I like the similar Captain Marvel (11?) for the same reason. Also, I think it could look really cool with some modern flourishes and a contemporary look.

Edited by DavidTheDavid