• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll: Help me choose a classic cover to have recreated
2 2

Which cover should I have recreated?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which cover should I have recreated?

• Action Comics #44
    • All Winners #4
    • All Winners #6
    • Batman #15
    • Fighting Yank #7
    • National Comics #26
    • Superman #14
    • Superman #17
    • USA Comics #7 (a bit busy)
    • WDCS v2 #10 (22)
    • Wonder Comics #6
    • Other

43 posts in this topic

I WISH I could find a picture of the Wonder Woman 7 that Karl (Artboy99) did for me, it's fantastic. It's on my wall, but I'm not near that wall, so I can't take a picture.

Maybe @Artboy99 can show it? 

He's really great at determining what looks well in black and white, he does lots of cover recreations. I'd go with his advice.

8 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I WISH I could find a picture of the Wonder Woman 7 that Karl (Artboy99) did for me, it's fantastic. It's on my wall, but I'm not near that wall, so I can't take a picture.

He's really great at determining what looks well in black and white, he does lots of cover recreations. I'd go with his advice.

Wonder%20Woman%207%2014x19_zps9cfpwf8k.j

14 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I would do the Superman 14. Especially if you are doing it in black and white, the image has lots of black which will give it a lot of viewing "punch"

I agree

30 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

It's good to know that Karl has one fan!  lol

Actually, he's a good friend and great artist...

2 hours ago, comicjack said:
2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I would do the Superman 14. Especially if you are doing it in black and white, the image has lots of black which will give it a lot of viewing "punch"

I agree

Of Foley's original list, this would be my choice.... but I'd want full color for this one.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

4 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Of Foley's original list, this would be my choice.... but I'd want full color for this one.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

it would look great either way. If I was to do this page I would thicken the lines a little.

Yeah it would look great in color.

r960-cd3900dc7fba8357dac53e979ccd172f.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

4 hours ago, piper said:

Artboy is such a terrific artist. I am in awe of his work.(worship)

10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, since you asked, it looks like my choices have not really changed from when CBM asked collectors to list their Top 5 covers.

Besides the Superman 14 which is believe is a fantastic choice, I would also go with either Punch 12 or All-American 61 with the dark and moody Solomon Grundy cover.  :cloud9:

Since Sqeggs picked a few of the Captain marvel Jr. covers, the one that I would go for would be the classic V for Victory cover from Master Comics 27.  (thumbsu

Also a fine choice, thank you!

Master27.png.a9d3a3f6f0045c5a32d5b2c811f8ffbd.png

2 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Artboy is such a terrific artist. I am in awe of his work.(worship)

Oak, when I saw you had posted here, I figured you would be recommending a Heap cover appearance in honor of Swamp Thing - lol

And really there were some good ones too.  

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

So, I guess that counts out my favorite covers Suspense #3 or Terrific #5. That being said, you just can't go wrong with that classic WDCS Donald cover. My wife is real cool about that. As long as it's not all over the place. 

Thanks RM, I do really like the WDCS. This will hopefully be just the first of many pieces I end up having done. Now that I've seen @Artboy99's work, I'm wondering if I'm losing out having it done in black and white. I may have to ask Karl if he still takes on commissions hm 

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

She did draw the line when I wanted to hand an airbrushed Ed "Big Daddy" Roth Rat Fink on an old toilet seat cover in the bathroom wall...

lol At least you still have the Tommy the Toilet poster... You should hang that bad boy.

4 hours ago, Foley said:

Also a fine choice, thank you!

Master27.png.a9d3a3f6f0045c5a32d5b2c811f8ffbd.png

Love this choice! I won't speak to the whole B&W aesthetic but think this from a historical perspective screams WWII. I wouldn't  mind the absence of the US Flag especially in an Irish household.

PS Karl's rates are quite reasonable.

12 hours ago, piper said:

I'm a BIG fan, I think he's very talented. I went to art school, can't do that kind of drawing to save my life, it's a special talent and you have to have a ton of patience.