• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping Question from Newbie

3 posts in this topic

Hi          I just joined CGC. I just submitted and received my first Graded Comic  Amazing Spiderman #50 Graded at 7.0.      I have 6 Graded Amazing Spiderman Comics I want to submit to CGC They've been graded by PGX and I want to re grade them to CGC.   My Question is should I remove the comic from the Plastic Case or just send everything in as is?   Also is this a good idea getting the comics regraded?  The Comics are  Amazing Spiderman:     #10 at 6.0,    #12 at  4.0  #15 at 4.5,  # 27 at 7.0, # 35 at 6.5   and # 30 at 5.0.        I just purchased Amazing Spiderman #4  at 4.0 CGC  and # 14 CGC.  From Ebay. I had to pay mega dollars esp for  the # 14.     But its  a Birthday present to my favorite person .... ME.         Thanks and have a good day................... David

Regarding sending CGC books already in slabs, this is fine. CGC will remove them from slab. Or you can remove them yourself and send them in raw. Personally, I would send them in the slab but it would probably be easier, from a packaging and shipping standpoint, to remove them. Whatever you are more comfortable with.

What Bob said about shipping.  The slabs provide extra protection in shipping - but they weigh substantially more so your postage costs will be higher

As far as "is this a good idea". Anytime you cross grade books (send in books to one company another company has already graded and encapsulated) you add a degree of uncertainty.  There is no guarantee you will get the same grade from a different company. In the case of PGX, they have a reputation of grading more leniently than their competitors. So you may well see some drop in grade. 

Welcome to the boards.