• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Graphic Novel 4 - 1st New Mutants Thread
2 2

25 posts in this topic

After God Loves Man Kills and Death of Captain Marvel, this one was the one to get.  It was never expensive, but people took care of it.  High grade copies should not be hard to find.

The only thing keeping quantities down is the fact that GNs aren't in demand, and those boxes have stayed buried.  The second Singer X-Men movie brought some out, but if you were looking at the time, you know how many copies of Dreadstar and Elric people were trying to get rid of.  There are just as many New Mutants.

I think there is a lot of room to grow.  A lot of HG copies, but not a lot have been listed to sell as I have been tracking sells on Clink, CC, HA and other sites if they sell.  Also, SS HG there isn't that many.  I paid well above CGC GPA for the 9.8 CGC SS ($1400) because of the clean artwork on the cover.  It isn't listed on GPA.  I don't mind paying a lot for a book if I really want it.  I purchased it off a boardie who took it off EBAY for me.  If speculators buy the book and the movie does very well or even spins off a character, the book will increase.  Perhaps even animation since it is for teenagers (I can dream)? I consider this book one of the sleepers and an affordable price.  A lot of 1st app in one book.  They don't have these type of 1st app all in one book anymore.  I also love the great black cover and front cover work.  Also, what back cover looks as great as MGN4 IMO.  Best. Nick

14 hours ago, brianlake7 said:

With all the talk about the book I think the rarest is the Adam Hughes cover, it is really tough to find, and even harder in CGC worthy quality

tumblr_n32vc549Sg1ru1hc6o1_400.jpg

I've never even seen that copy.  Is it a recent reprint?

I believe this cover was only used on the sixth printing, it is from 1994. I have seen a few out there most are in the worst condition, I would say if you could find one that could grade above a 7 you are in luck. Most have scratched up back covers (they are black), all seem to have major spine issues as well. They are actually the size of a traded paperback not the larger size that the graphic novel originally was.