• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magazines! - CLOSED

67 posts in this topic

I used to collect some (mainly) Bronze Age magazines, but no longer. So, might as well stop procrastinating and offer them up. I'll keep digging magazines out of my boxes until the thread seems tired, or I run out of magazines...whichever comes first. If you buy something and want to check out before that happens, let me know! Otherwise, I'll send invoices when the thread concludes.

Unless otherwise mentioned in individual book grading notes, all books are complete with no missing pages, cutouts, etc., and no known restoration or pressing.

Here's a link to my KUDOS THREAD

I try to grade conservatively and cut to the chase on prices from the get-go. Of course, if you think I'm off on something, I'm happy to discuss (especially after everyone has already had a fair shot at the books at my original asking price :grin: ). Thanks for looking/shopping! :foryou:

Thanks,
Ed

General Rules

• No PL/HOS members, and I reserve the right to ask for references if you are a new/low post count boardie making a large purchase. Aside from that, the first taker wins, whether in the thread or via PM, based on time stamp.
  • I consider a book to be taken as of the instant that terms have been agreed to by both me and the buyer. I'll mark books SOLD as soon as reasonably possible; if I put a book ON HOLD, that book is not available for purchase until it comes back off HOLD

Payment

• I'll take PayPal, personal checks, or USPS money orders;
  • I'll expect payment within 10 calendar days, or the book will be available for sale again (unless we've made other payment arrangements)
  • I'll gladly consider longer-term time payments, but PM me to discuss terms before taking a book if you need that.

Shipping Terms

• USA:
    • I subscribe to the philosophy that, because these mags have ads in them, they don't quality for Media Mail. Any more than one mag. is too heavy for First Class mail, and even with one mag. I don't think I can adequately protect the mag and meet the First Class weight limit. So, we'll have to do USPS priority mail, at cost. To give you an idea, 1-3 magazines in a USPS Regional Rate A box will generally run between $5 (if you're close, like North Carolina) to $10 (if you're far away, like California). I can fit 10-12 mags in a medium flat rate box, which runs $12. If anyone has any other ideas as to how to further reduce shipping cost (with adequate protection, and meeting USPS regulations), I'm all ears. :smile: Or, just buy in quantity and get the flat rate box deal. :grin:
  • Canada, UK or Australia:
    • we'll have to figure/add incremental shipping charges (either via first class or priority mail international, depending on package value and weight)
  • Other International Destinations:
    • case by case basis...I'll need to see if I'm comfortable with available shipping options

Returns/Refunds

• General Policy: I will accept returns for any reason within two weeks of your receipt of the books, as long as the books are returned to me as they were when you received them. You cover shipping cost back to me unless I messed up. After two weeks, books are not returnable for any reason, except as specified below...
  • Restoration and raw books: I will offer a six month return policy for any raw books I have sold as unrestored that you submit for grading that come back as restored (or conserved). Upon the return to me of the slabbed book within six months of the date I shipped the book to you, I will refund your original amount paid to me (for the book plus shipping them to you). I will not refund any fees associated with grading/slabbing, including shipping the books to the grading company, or return shipping to me. Per the above “General policy,” if you have the book pressed in the process of grading it, it is unreturnable.
Edited by edowens71

Here's what's still available for sale down there in the thread....

PAGE 3
Savage Sword of Conan #4, FN 6.0, $5
Savage Sword of Conan #6, FN 6.0, $5
Savage Sword of Conan #21, VG 4.0, $2
Savage Sword of Conan #22, FN- 5.5, $3
Savage Sword of Conan #23, FN+ 6.5, $4
Savage Sword of Conan #24, VF- 7.5, $5

Edited by edowens71

Rampaging Hulk #5, VF- 7.5, $8 SOLD VIA PM

light cover edge wear; spine stress accum.; tips of lower right corners out of numerous interior pages - looks production-related

ramphulk5_f.jpg

ramphulk5_r.jpg

Edited by edowens71