• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do not even reply to offers to deal outside ebay or you will get a warning.
1 1

24 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, silverweb said:

If I am shopping a CGC book, I might ask if they are on the CGC Forum.

Yeah, that.

I've also talked with sellers about prices and they would relist the item as a "buy it now" for me.  Obviously the communication has to be within minutes of each other so nobody would snatch it up but it's worked out pretty well.

9 hours ago, Anfield Fox said:

Easiest way to get round the bots is to upload an image with your email address. Came up with it myself and never had a problem.

You can't name the .jpg file "contact info". I learned that won't work so I renamed it "document" or "image 1". I have a screengrab that says "If you have any problems with your transaction, contact me at XXXX@yahoo.com"

You can also ask, what's your FB or IG account? Those go through.

Separate thought:

PayPal e-mail addresses associated with eBay accounts are funny. I've won various lots from several people selling their collections piecemeal and then notice they are selling more that I want. I send them an e-mail to their PayPal address and hardly ever get a response. Then I send them a message on eBay saying "check your PayPal address" and they are clueless as to what I am talking about or when I explain, they say, "oh that is my brother's account" or something. There are plenty of times I buy from "Brad" who received payment to "fuzzykittens2468@XXX"